Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Custom whiteface gauges or any other color for any other vehicle(bootleg)

step 1.
Take your assembly apart.
(be careful with the needles. carefully lift the speedo needle over the needle rest until the stops on its on. This will keep it close to spec calibration. So note the resting point because this is the point where you are going to install them back at)

step 2.
take your gauge cards (with the printed numbers) to a local copy shop and get "reverse negatives" done on any color you want paper with adhesive backing. (Contact paper)

step 3.
line up paper with the cards and press with a credit card from one end to the next (be extremely precise with the alignment.)

step 4.
Use a hobby knife to cut out the odometer and trip meter windows.

step 5.
Re-install your gauges.

(note: I got the directions off of another site. I have not done this mod but it really seems like it works out as a great mod for a low budget build-up) ;)

·
Registered
1,564 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
takemorepills said:
Yo dudes, that looks horrible. I have seen it done. Go here http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...operty=MetaEndSort&query=acura+legend+gauges, $30 ain't gonna break the bank. I just recieved 3 sets of these, only paid $120 for all, s/h included. Get what you really want, it costs just a tad more than a full tank of petrol. Lates.....
Yeah.....I think i'm going to purchase mine also. I like the Indiglos myself but its not a bad idea for some "do it yourselfers" and those with cars that they don't make custom gauges for.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
But how are you going to take off the gauge faces without removing the needles, I looked into the possibility, but I don't see how you can do that without removing needles. And legend needles can not be remove without doing damage to the cluster most of the time.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WhiteLegend said:
But how are you going to take off the gauge faces without removing the needles, I looked into the possibility, but I don't see how you can do that without removing needles. And legend needles can not be remove without doing damage to the cluster most of the time.

Uhhhh...... I don't know dude.

( As i stated earlier I got this from another Legend site - I forgot the name. But it could be useful possibly on other vehicles that lack availability, ie: older rides, tractors, riding mowers, scooters, your moms gray 92' Lumina with the whitewalls.....)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.