Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figure that within a year there will be red/clear taillights available to the masses, but I can't wait that long. So I'm trying to make myself a custom set with clear plexiglass.

Can anyone recommend something that can shape the pieces of plexiglass and also perhaps something to sand them with? I'll let you know how this little project works out. I'll take a LOT of pictures in case anyone else wanted to try it.

Thanks in advance.

J520

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I defintely agree...

But didn't think they were available at this time... Am I mistaken?

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
check the other posts. I know there are a few going around right now talking about clear and clear/red lamps. I also know there is an old post some where that has a guys e-mail. I have talked to him, and he seems to know what he is talking about. He can clear or clear/red any lamps you want. You just have to send them to him for a few weeks. He will even apply transparent paint, that you supply, to the inside of the lamp. With that the options are endless!
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
use 1/2" plexi-glass.
if you have a sedan, you'll need to heat the glass and bend it so it wraps around. if you have a coupe, u'r fine. to actually cut the glass, i used the rotozip but any dremel should do.
to sand the corners down, i used belt sander and then went over it with 1200 grit paper. you have to be carefull because using just the clear plexi glass is illegal. u'll need to diffuse the light somehow so it doesn't blind the person behind you.
-j

·
Old S*hool Member
2,218 Posts
Just scuff the inside of the plixglass with rough sandpaper. that would leave it frosted looking, but still glossy on the outside and defuse the light at the same time....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts