Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back after being away for a month and I let my girlfriend us my car the entire time, and noticed in font of my apt some oil/grease sains by the drivers front tire. I drove the car around the block to see how it preforms and heard this clicking sound only when I make a right turn and hit the gas, I know it is my CV joints cause I looked and seen the torn boot, but do you think i can just get a boot kit and have my mechanic put them on and it fix the problem, or is there more that i should do cause I hear them clicking? Thanks

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
LLegend said:
I just got back after being away for a month and I let my girlfriend us my car the entire time, and noticed in font of my apt some oil/grease sains by the drivers front tire. I drove the car around the block to see how it preforms and heard this clicking sound only when I make a right turn and hit the gas, I know it is my CV joints cause I looked and seen the torn boot, but do you think i can just get a boot kit and have my mechanic put them on and it fix the problem, or is there more that i should do cause I hear them clicking? Thanks
Once they start clicking, the joint is already worn and by replacing just the boot, you're only greasing and sealing up a worn out joint.

Replacement of the drive shaft is required.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I agree... Replacement is the only thing you can do when they start to make noise !!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
I agree - replace the axle. I've replaced both on my Legend with a lifetime guaranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts