Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many CV Boots are there total when one needs to change it? Is there such thing as an inner vs. an outer CV-boot? Cuz, I always thought the rubber boot you see underneath the car is the only CV Boot that must be changed when it breaks.

·
Registered
847 Posts
2 boots:cool:
Inner boot is right beside the transmission/differential, while the outer is right beside the wheel.:)

·
Registered
83 Posts
There are a total of 4 boots, 2 inner and 2 outer... The ones that are notorious for spliting out is the outer sets because they are used more by the car when turning the steering wheel etc.... There is a set on ebay right now for 9.99 so you can check that out...

Vito

·
Registered
847 Posts
:eek: didn't see the word "total", lol~ 1 inner and 1 outer per axle, so a total of 4:D

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
n20rbit93 said:
There are a total of 4 boots, 2 inner and 2 outer... ... There is a set on ebay right now for 9.99 so you can check that out...
Thanks, yeah that is what sparked the question. I wasn't sure. I always thought it was just 1 set. Is that applicable to all cars or all hondas (meaning do they all have 2 inner and 2 outer)?

Also, I know that the labor is what costs the most, but normally how much do CV Boots normally cost for a set of inner and a set of outer? I would think $9.99 is cheap (or $14.00 for its buy price).

·
Registered
847 Posts
Not sure... But I think all FWD have 2 inner and 2 outer...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts