Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Know that my right side CV joint is going out because it sounds like my bike in the 3rd grade when I would baseball cards in the spokes, what should I expect to pay to get this fixed. It is better to do both sides at once right? My local garage said they would do both sides for 200 each. that sounded like a good price to me but would it be cheaper to buy the parts somewhere else. They said they would do both sides for 100 each if I bought the parts myself. and will I notice any difference in the driving and handling of the car after I replace them, or is it just that noise that will stop. Thanks

·
Registered
386 Posts
CV AXELS

This is the deal. Front wheel drive axels have a special kind of grease that is packed inside of the boot. Once the boot is torn or cracked really bad the grease comes out but, the only way you will find out is by the sound you hear when driving your car or if you put the car on a lift to have it serviced and they notice the torn or cracked boot. If it is not replaced than the axel may lock up on you while driving and that is most definitely bad. If you have a VERY COMPETENT mechanic and you TRUST HIM OR HER and the price is right then I would say go ahead and let them perform the work. The prices you are being quoted are reasonable to me ( I have had my axels done for the same price ). As far as buying the parts I would let them do it because if something goes wrong than they have to replace it and they should do it for FREE. Both prices are good ones and yes it is VERY WISE TO REPLACE BOTH AXELS AT THE SAME TIME. Its kind of like the headlight situation. If one goes out its best to buy two headlight bulb replacements because sooner or later the other one is gonna do the samething and back to the store you will go when you could have avoided the situation by purchasing two in the first place. Preventive Maintenance is always the best cure. Peace and Blessings. Bigs out.:(

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks bigs, much appreciated! But I probably wont notice any difference in the ride or steering will I?

·
Registered
386 Posts
CV AXELS!!!!!!!

If its done right, you shouldn't notice a thing. Peace and Blessings. Bigs out.:)

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I meant will I feel a change for the better, thanks for the help.

·
Registered
386 Posts
CV AXELS!!!!!!!!!!!!

As long as the job is done right your car will ride as good as new. When it comes to repairing your car NEVER GOOD SECOND RATE. It'll cost you more in the long run. A good mechanic may cost a little more but its worth all the tea in China. Peace and Blessings. Bigs out.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts