Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what it'll cost to get a replacement CV joint/axle?

Recently I noticed that when I coast I hear a grinding noise coming from the wheel area. I want to have this done but would like to know what the avg price + labor is to have it fixed.

thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
cv joints

I would find a shop that will do both joints for around $400.00
. The dealer will rape you for double that. The procedure is not very difficult to do by yourself. If you need help go ahead and e-mail me

·
Registered
851 Posts
It's not hard to do, but you have to be careful not to damage the differential oil seal on the passanger side and the dust seal on the driver's side. I did mine once, and broke the oil seal, and I have to pay someone to replace it, hehehee......... :D

·
2,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well luckily I got a chance to bring my Legend to PSA and he correctly diagnosed the problem. My CV joints are fine its just that there was some problem with the brake pads or was it the calipers that was making these wierd clicking noises.

:) :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
CV joints.....

Jon

I Got my 88's front left CV joint replaced coupla years back....when it kept making that horrid clicking noise while turning.

I took it to my local mechanic.... and he replaced it with a
remanuactured/rebuilt one if i remeber correctly and did a pretty good job.

I paid him around 150.

Just take it to a respectable mechanic in your locality....they deal with these things often.......unless you want to do it yourself...or go to the dealer.

Good luck! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts