Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JUST CHECK IT IF YOU HAVE AN AUTO...MINE SHIFTS AROUND 100 OR SO IN THIRD...JUST LAST NIGHT I WATCHED IT REACH 102...IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME, GO TEST DRIVE A G2 AUTO AND FLOOR IT TO THE MAX...I HAVE INTAKE EXHAUST AND STAGE 2 CHIP...MAYBE THATS WHY...

·
Registered
847 Posts
my type 1 can be taken all the way up to 115mph(D3) on a uphill without hitting the rev limiter/fuel cut:D All I have in a cold air intake though~ Dunno why~

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Yeah, 115Mph in D3 on a Type I auto. Try it with the Bayou chip in there, 125mph in 3rd, shift to 4th and you land right in the sweet spot for a nice jolt from 125- 135 effortlessly :) You can hit 130mph in 3rd with the chip but you will be right at 7000RPM and if you go to D4 at that point you will hit the rev-limiter before the slushbox can shift.

G

·
Hmmm, that is strange. The Type-1's must be geared completely different. Cause in a Type-II you are at 98mph at 6800RPM in 3rd.

·
Registered
847 Posts
cuz Type II's have higher gear ratio = )

G

·
Doesen't all this shifting from D3 to D4 and vice versa and pushing the Legend in D3 to 100+ mph F up the engine and tranny???? and can be the cause to problems in the future such as headgaskets and such???

I'mean I just wanna know...:confused:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Thai.95LCoupe said:
Doesen't all this shifting from D3 to D4 and vice versa and pushing the Legend in D3 to 100+ mph F up the engine and tranny???? and can be the cause to problems in the future such as headgaskets and such???

I'mean I just wanna know...:confused:
i wanna know too. i love pushing my car, its just that i get scared when i rev it high and drive fast because i feel like im gonna kill my tranny. i feel like something just is not right, say when i push it in D3, then upshift (auto) to 4. my tranny kind of "slips" if thats what you call it. really upsets me when this happens. i would love to drop a type II in, with a rebuilt manual tranny, and just forget about all of these annoying problems!!

·
Registered
449 Posts
LOLZ do you guys ever watch your gas goes down by doing this? I mean everytime I do such thing I car literally see my needle move down right before my eyes sorta like "now you see it, now you don't" hahaha yah but my auto sedan goes to about 115 with chip, intake, exhuast and about 200 lbs of audio component plus a full load of people.

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
im shifting at 115 in third too and 80 in 2nd. type II engine, chipped type 1 chip and tranny.

~Hybrid

1 - 11 of 11 Posts