Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK RL owners! My dad wants to get some rims for his RL. So I'm thinking chrome 18's. A style close to the BMW's with the big lip and wide. He wants wide with wide tires:). I was wandering what the offset needs to be and what a good wheel width would be. If anyone has some pics or wheel suggestions please feel free to speak(type). Thanks all!

G

·
well the RL's run 225/16's for tires and they can probably fit 235's or mabey 245's... You can probably fit 20's on an RL... the widest you could go is probably 18X8.5.. but I would stick w/ 18X8.0...

Yes please get some rims w/ a lip...:eek: Any AMG style rims would look really good in an RL.. or BMW.. I like the 740i Sport M// Rims... :drool:

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
How about the Racing Hart CP-035R's

I think that these new 3 piece wheels look pretty sweet.
When I first saw it, I wasn't really feeling it. Taking a racing wheel and turning it into a show wheel. But, like the real CP-035's, they're still pretty light.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
C25A1guy said:
I dunno, but Fut's 18" BBS rims would look nice, espically after a triple plate chrome that he did to his BBS rims. Hehehe.
Yeah, yeah I must agree they do look nice!!!

One...

Fut :cool:

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
infinite said:

He had to mill them out and such to make them fit, though.
Wait 'til you see what I'm doin' to the second set that I had for sale. Can you say winter and summer set?

One...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmm

Damn Fut. I haven't seen you post in a LONG time. Thought you didn't catch the change-over.

Anyway Im not feeling the CP-035R's cause they don't really fit the profile of the RL. They are too sporty, but would look great on the Legend. Something more filled in? If you get what I'm saying. At least anyone have some company suggestions? Thanks a lot guys!:cool:

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Re: Hmm

GreenLegend said:
Damn Fut. I haven't seen you post in a LONG time. Thought you didn't catch the change-over.

Anyway Im not feeling the CP-035R's cause they don't really fit the profile of the RL. They are too sporty, but would look great on the Legend. Something more filled in? If you get what I'm saying. At least anyone have some company suggestions? Thanks a lot guys!:cool:
Yeah Chris I'm here. I post when I feel the need not just to get my #'s up.
I'm wit'u on the CP-035R's, not quite the look for the RL.

One...

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Hey Fut~

Were you in La in front of some club on Western Ave and Wilshire about a month ago?? I thought I saw your car. It had the front bumper and chrom rims which seemed just like yours. Anyways just wanna to say wassup~ :p

·
Banned
2,261 Posts
GreenLegend said:
OK RL owners! My dad wants to get some rims for his RL. So I'm thinking chrome 18's. A style close to the BMW's with the big lip and wide. He wants wide with wide tires:). I was wandering what the offset needs to be and what a good wheel width would be. If anyone has some pics or wheel suggestions please feel free to speak(type). Thanks all!
What color is the RL? I agree, Fut's BBS 18x8's would look smooth.:cool:

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
legendtype2 said:
Hey Fut~

Were you in La in front of some club on Western Ave and Wilshire about a month ago?? I thought I saw your car. It had the front bumper and chrom rims which seemed just like yours. Anyways just wanna to say wassup~ :p
Yeah that was me. I DJ there.

One...

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Re: Re: Daddy wants some rims! :)

CakeDaddy said:

What color is the RL? I agree, Fut's BBS 18x8's would look smooth.:cool:
Don't get it twisted, the rims are 18x8.5's. I thought they were 18x8's too but was recently corrected.

One...

·
Registered
217 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
How about the Racing Hart CP-035R's

I think that these new 3 piece wheels look pretty sweet.
they got the rota immitations for like 600-650 in 18s. group buy on h-a i think

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
CakeDaddy: The RL is black with the partially chrome side moldings. I'll post a pic when I get my lazy ass to do it.:D Actually the BBS's WOULD look smooth but I forgot to say it earlier.

So I guess 18x8's would be the best? Plus, if 245's were put on they wouldnt be too thin right? What about the offset? Thanks all!:cool:

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
Put 19" rims on that RL. My friend has a 97 RL with 19" rims and it looks very nice. I'd say perfect for the size of the RL. I don't know what the offset he has, but it was a 3 piece rim from Japan that was very expensive.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts