1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out this:
http://www.luch.co.kr/arcadia.htm
http://www.autoitalia.org/italiano/td/01dw09.htm
How did this happen? It's plainly an Acura Legend, and it's a new one at that, just under a different name. Does anyone know if it is still a honda engine? It says it makes 220HP and 292(!) ft/lbs of torque. Anyone besides me smell an engine swap? Anyone that has info about this, I would appreciate it if you could shed some light on this and give me some more info on this oddity. Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Leon Millette said:
notice those are metric measurements...
Oh hehe... sorry... I feel stupid. :D
Was just the sedan sold? That's pretty cool, though. Someone could go buy a brand new Legend if they wanted to. Thanks for the info.

G

·
That's nuts!!! So were these only sold in Korea? Did anybody else already know about this? That's pretty crazy the idea of a newer Acura Legend. I want to try to hunt down some pictures of the interior and engine on this thing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SpeedDemon said:
That's nuts!!! So were these only sold in Korea? Did anybody else already know about this? That's pretty crazy the idea of a newer Acura Legend. I want to try to hunt down some pictures of the interior and engine on this thing.
The only pics I could find were the two that were in those links. And also I think I saw something about 98, so I believe 98 was the last year made. Probably wrong, though, you guys know more about this than I.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hmmm

Last time this was talked about it was said that the Arcadias are made from "inferior parts" as are all Daewoos. Someone was going to contact people in Korea to see if their aftermarket has produced headers already. Supposedly it is a good design and poor build quality issue.

-Ben

·
Banned
759 Posts
It could all be the same, but Daewoo takes different part from diff manufactures and puts them together, like BMW styling with Ford engine and Honda drivetrains it is stupid but they mix match parts, I believe it is ALL HONDA LEGEND b/ the 3206 cc is the same as our engine, but b/c of emissions and octane and possibly different compression the spec in HP and torque are different, maybe they have a good exuast manifol and headers, someone NOT ME should look for the tru specs and see if they have better parts that we can use, they diff ecu or exuast manifold and see if there are KOREAN PERFORMANCE PARTS THAT WORK

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
It's not a copyright violation if Acura sold the design to them-whcih they clearly did.

As for why they never made the cars outside of Korea-well I don't care because Daewoo's suck, and I'd rather have that great lookin Acura logo all in my ride than the dumb Daewoo one!:p

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
they stopped production in 99. the first couple of years many of the parts stills aid ACURA, steering wheel and such.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
morbo said:
It's not a copyright violation if Acura sold the design to them-whcih they clearly did.

As for why they never made the cars outside of Korea-well I don't care because Daewoo's suck, and I'd rather have that great lookin Acura logo all in my ride than the dumb Daewoo one!:p
:mad: watch your mouth! think twice before bad mouthing someone or something! :mad:

·
Registered
917 Posts
Before you actually post something, you better make sure you know what you're talking about. Copyright infringements????? I'm pretty sure they thought of that before hand. And a little FYI, economic researches are saying that the Korean electronics market is suppose to become superior to Japan within 5 years, so watch out.eek: Watch what you say, cause people are always watching :mad:

morbo said:

·
Registered
668 Posts
found some more pics, everything looks the same on the exterior, the rims are even the same

close-up of the rear, it just doesnt look right when it has the daewoo emblem and the word arcadia on our Legends...its just not right

...I will probably find more pics, we'll see

CHING CHING CHING!! I hit the jackpot! found some interior pics and engine pics of the Arcadia
these are from a '99 arcadia

Hey this car has RWD!!!!!, they are selling it for $15,000 w/ 90,000 miles. Im getting excited but I dunno why.
check for yourself http://www.enrichco.net/stock/classifieds/carview.php?view=333

this is off a '94 Arcadia...the engine and layout looks almost identical to our Legends

theres 12 arcadias here, one has 180,00 miles and they are asking for $9,500! too many pics too post so go here and check them out http://www.enrichco.net/stock/class...&maxprice=&makemodelchoice[]=DAEWOO___Arcadia (theres 2 pages)

more, heres a super clean one

OK no more pics, sorry 56k'rs, thats the most pics I could put in one post.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I found out that the Arcadia (dunno what year) uses the same brake pads as the 92-93 Acura Vigor and the 92-95 Honda Accord Coupe. Just some FYI

http://www.yahala.co.kr/upbrake4.htm first row

more FYI
"According to the Korean Automobile Manufacturers
Association, Korean passenger cars have better fuel consumption
than imports. The fuel consumption of Hyundai's New Grandeur
and Daewoo's Arcadia is 8 and 8.6 kilometers per liter
respectively, while the Mercedes-Benz (SL320) and Chrysler Vision,
similar in size to the two Korean passenger cars, achieve
only 6.9 and 7.4 kilometers per liter. Other 2,000-2,500cc and
smaller passenger cars from Hyundai, Kia and Daewoo are more
efficient in fuel consumption than foreign products. Korea's
fuel consumption measurement for passenger cars uses the LA-4
method which is used in advanced counties." http://gort.ucsd.edu/jhan/GNK.html

Im just researching cause I wanna find more about this "Arcadia" dunno if you guys care but Im just post's stuff anyways

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
K3rry,
Korea uses a different method to test fuel economy. So, dont compare to EPA. Also, almost all larger Hondas use the same front brake pad, dont get too excited. My NSX brakes use the same pads as 91-95 Legend (Type I or II), Honda Accord, Vigor, CR-V, etc....
For you guys thinking about performance parts, forget it. Here in China they have Legends too, but in Asia they serve the same purpose as before, a mild mannered sedan used for up and coming execs. You wont find any tuners buying new Legends, so forget it.
And for a new Legend made in Korea or China, they suck. The 2nd market Japanese cars are built terribly compared to their first run. Trust me, Daewoo probably reformulated all the plastics to meet what is available on the Korean market, maybe they even use less strong metals because of cost. And a better header on a Korean Daewoo?? No way, why would they re-engineer the header?? I have seen re-engineered Asian cars, and they are always re-engineered to cheapen it up. That is the whole idea of producing an outdated car.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts