Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bugger it.. i friggen overheated it twice this afternoon.. not bad bout two marks below hot but still.. :mad: .. gonna buy a pressure tester tomorrow.. and a sealwell cube for now.. this is the second f*%K b*&^%&Y S*&tbag ive bought as an import and im not impressed.. i bought a honda for its reputable reliance and i get sh*t in the face for it.. piece of cr*p.... :mad: :mad: :mad: .. lol... sorry.. i still love the car im just pissed at myself for gettin another lem.. i cant sell it with a bhg so i have to fix it... oh well.. thems the breaks huh

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
They're not lemons. When properly cared for/maintnance, you can avoid this problem. I'm pretty sure you bought it used. How many miles when you got it? Did it come with Maintance records?

The HG on our Legend went because my father made a mistake in the bleed/radiator process/possible faulty radiator at around 140,000...was long overdo for changing and just hadn't been done. After the HG was repaired the car is approaching the 180,000 mile mark. Has not had any other major problems. I was so satisfied with the car. That so far our family consists of:

-Dad has a 1990 Acura Legend Coupe
-Mom has a 1994 Acura Legend GS Sedan (used to be mine)
-I bought a 1995 Acura Legend Coupe L Recently
-My oldest uncle has a 1987 Acura Legend Coupe
-My other uncle has a 1993 Acura Legend Coupe

Trust me these are good cars...not expensive when the break down though, with proper maintnance they don't give THAT much trouble...the car is ~14 years old

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im not saying they are lemons.. just mine.. since i bought it.. sterio crap out.. over heat prob.. rear caliper jam(fixed but i still get a judder under brakes)alignment bad (two new tyres) head light blowout and ive only had it for 3 months, so you'll understand if i think its a lem.. even tho most of that is just routine maintenance.. lol.. plus i just got two 50 quid fines for driving in the bus lane DOH! ... the thing you have to understand is that i came here to travel not fix cars and now thats exactly what im doing.. once i get over these tests im sure it'll be a good car.. i just have to fork some cash, which i wouldnt normally mind but its xmas and stuff.. a

mike.. i just looked down and it was hot.. second to last mark so i reved it to 3 grand and it dropped and then it started about three hours later on the way back from brighton waiting for a crash to clear.. it started to rise again so i flicked it off.. when the line started to move again turned it on as it was sweet.. i bled it when i got home and emptyed the whole rez back into it so i'll see how i go tomorrow.. a

·
Registered
167 Posts
mmmm

sounds real similar to mine when i had to replace the thermostat. very small issue.

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
It sounds exactly like when my water pump went out. How many miles do you have one it? The water pump is regular maintance every 90K. These are great cars and all most all of your probelms are maintance related. This is very common with any used car. I have owned my G1 for less than a month and I have spent about $1g in maintance issues.
Later!
Lee

·
Faster than yo Legend son
1,041 Posts
well with used cars you know you gonna have to spend some on them even if they are good cars.. parts wear out..
Check your radiator real good and make sure you have no leaks. air pockets can cause problems for you in the cooling system.. and also the water pump... the most problems I've had was air in the cooling system which would cause it to over heat. but once the air was out it was fine. this was after I had a new radiator replaced after 96,000 miles.

I just would take the cap off the radiator and start the car and let the air come out that way. when I see the temp gauge creeping up. I'd hit the accelerator not hard but slighty just enough to get the air out the system. and that would get the air out.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeh.. well it has a new metal rez radiator and i think i might buy a new therm just incase.. tho it seems to be working if it all of a sudden opens when the bubble clears.. as i say i bled it last night and again this morning and it still coughed about a third of the rez back out.. im gonna get it pressure and chem tested this weekend so i know exactly what the deal is... (sigh)what a hassle :rolleyes:

btw 142000kms

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.