Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grrr..Normally, I LOVE rain, but today... I checked the forecast in the morning.. NO RAIN till thursday... So I get the sponges, and all my cleaning stuff..... I spend over an hour detailing it myself. Nice and clear day, cool breeze at 65F. Picture perfect, the White color perfectly reflects the sky above.... 5hours later.... RAIN!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:(

·
Registered
127 Posts
Pollen is nothing. I live in South Carolina, home of the red dirt. They're building four new houses across the street. Between the red dirt kicked up by the trucks and the ash blowing over after they burn the scraps, my car looks like it's been through hell and back.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got a towel as soon it stopped and dried it off.. had to re-do the windows. However, with my luck, it's probably going to start pouring again later on! :mad:

I need a Camera!!!! Even though it was raining, the clouds were scattered, and the Sunny Blue Sky could still be seen in between the clouds.. and the sun was setting in the west.. with the beautiful reflection off my White Legend GS. wet, but shiny blue sky in the reflection as well as the sun.. Picture perfect....

I NEED A CAMERA :(

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
FutureX 2001 said:
Grrr..Normally, I LOVE rain, but today... I checked the forecast in the morning.. NO RAIN till thursday... So I get the sponges, and all my cleaning stuff..... I spend over an hour detailing it myself. Nice and clear day, cool breeze at 65F. Picture perfect, the White color perfectly reflects the sky above.... 5hours later.... RAIN!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

That's nothing. Out here at this time of year we have to worry about snow and all the mud and slush that come along with it. That will mess up a nice detailing job. :(

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I hear ya infinite...:rolleyes: snow and slush and gravel and melting snow and antarctic like temperatures make a poor home for my legend. I wish I could send it south for someone to drive (like a grandma:D ) for the winter season. Melting snow is the worst because when it is nice, and you wash your car, the snow banks on the side of the road melt and your car is dirty, literally, within minutes of having a clean car.

I will also agree that having a car parked around any construction, and especially new sub-divisions, is also very tiresome when it comes to cleaning. The dirt is crumby to look at on a clean surface, especially dark cars like my sedan.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mckenzie91 said:
I hear ya infinite...:rolleyes: snow and slush and gravel and melting snow and antarctic like temperatures make a poor home for my legend. I wish I could send it south for someone to drive (like a grandma:D ) for the winter season.
Send it out here to Southern Cali, I'll umm.. let my granny drive it yeah that's right...

Muahaha....
:p

·
Registered
397 Posts
When I was back in Baltimore, the pollen did get bad sometimes, but came right off with a California Duster. But here in Cali, when I wash my car I have to dry the windows fast as hell to keep from getting some NASTY water spots.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
i work right next to I-95 in Northern VA, where they are working on the highway, so my car is forever dirty.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hmm. I just washed my car today too and had to water/dry, water/dry, etc. So as not to get the water spots. Then the next day after school tomorrow I will probably come to a dirty car from ash from the sugar cane.

Jose:
jeeeeeze. They're working on I-95 up there too? They have been working on it FOREVER. Not that I really have to worry about it, but still.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Trojan Horse said:
Pollen is nothing. I live in South Carolina, home of the red dirt. They're building four new houses across the street. Between the red dirt kicked up by the trucks and the ash blowing over after they burn the scraps, my car looks like it's been through hell and back.
thats what u get for living in the sticks:p

·
Banned
2,261 Posts
Well, here in Albuquerque we deal with dust for the whole month of march. I'm forever dusting my car off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts