Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night had my car parked at my friend's parking lot to his building and when I came out several hours later, my car was damaged!!! I found a deep deep scratch going over my hood, both sides of the car and on my spoiler/trunk! I'm sooo pissed off!!!! They even kicked my door and left some big dent!

They're so lucky I didn't catch them in action! I would be typing this from jail. It looks like they used some knife or something, they scratched it right down to the metal!

And it was only two days ago I was lookin at my baby and took some pics of her all clean and shiney:

http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5372

Well I went to the police and they filed a report on it.

Does anyoen know if insurance covers vandalism? Otherwise i'm screwed :(

I will post pics later when I get the chance.

G

·
Registered
310 Posts
yes, they do, but if ....

you have a comphrehensive coverage in your insurance policy, or in other words, full coverage. full coverage usually means that you have two things in your insurance, collision and comphensive. collision means that you hit someone or you car get hit by someone. compherensive means vandalism, weather problem (flood, trees fall on top of your car, etc)

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
was this like at an apartment complex.

you always see this crap happen at like, big time apartment complexes (or even the smaller ones, where there's low income families), due to the youths and the idiots in general.

but then again, it can happen to anywhere anytime.
good luck w/ the insurance brotha.

-jose

·
Registered
107 Posts
your insurance wont cover it if the spots they damaged were already damaged. say like u had a small dent in your hood before they had scratched it, they wont repair because of the dent. absolutely bull sh...beep. my brother got his car keyed while in the grocery store and the Ins. wont do a thing cause he had a small dent on the same panel. i am not saying dont try just thats my luck so . . . ya.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
this is just so sick. Only sick people can do something so degrading!

My Legend was hit and run 3 weeks back. I swear to God, if I ever catch anyone messing with my Legend - thats the end of him!!!!
I got my car repaired but it still hurts me that someone just slammed in my car and ran away!
I hope your insurance can help u on this one!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
OMG that f***ing sux!!
I feel for you. Even though it was one my previous cars
('89 maxima; radio was taken), I felt violated and shocked that it would happen in my own apartment's lot. I can't imagine that happening to my legend. I still pray that nothing like that will happen.

The insurance should be able to pay for it. I remember this rich kid in high school who vandalized his own c-class benz with paint to get insurance money to get GS400.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
the other day I walked out to my car from the store and noticed a 5" x 4" black scratch it appeared like, looked like someone had backed into the front left side. No one around to be found :( I was depressed, but then I figured out, it seems as it was simply the cheapo paint the other car that bumped into it had, some good scrubbing and soap, now it's normal again, no paint nor dents.. i was mad though !!

·
Registered
310 Posts
legendtype2 said:

The insurance should be able to pay for it. I remember this rich kid in high school who vandalized his own c-class benz with paint to get insurance money to get GS400.
how did he do that ? if the insurance found it out, it would be a fraud and probably he would go to jail...

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
how did he do that ? if the insurance found it out, it would be a fraud and probably he would go to jail...
The kid put on white paint all over his silver car then probably filed a claim. Luckily for him he got away with it. He was a prick too(typical stereo typical Beverly Hills kid). He drove that thing around for over 2 months. Next thing I noticed was him driving new silver GS400. He later put a kit and chrome 19's along with some performance mods (supercharger??). His car was featured in a magazine a while back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts