Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone help me replacing the light bulb that light up the speedometer console? It's a little dim to see at night. I want to replace all light bulbs if possible. Thanks in advance.
Legend 93 L.:cool:

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,496 Posts
I dont know if you checked but there is a dimmer switch that I believe is on the drivers left side by the steering wheel. See if thats been turned low but if not, I dont know how to replace the lights for the speedometer.

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
If your dimmer switch is ok (like Triton said) follow these steps...

Gauge Cluster Removement

1st:
You will find 3 screws (8mm nut) (bottom left = hood-lever, bottom right, and one behind the flat black accessorie panel top left!(If there is a switch, you can pull out the complete switch with a small screw driver).Behind the switch (or the cover), you will find the 3rd screw of the inner plastic frame. Don´t bend it!!!!!

2nd:
There are two black screws one on the left and the other right above the ignition (you have to really look hard!) after those are unscrewed just pull out the black panel with the defrost, cruise, etc, it just pops out!
Be careful: Only PULL ! These cover has a snap-in lock.

3rd:
Pull out the two wiring harnesses, put that to the side, now you have the plastic covering, on the left side and right there are 2 screws a piece, unscrew those, pull cluster out slightly. 2 screws per side = 4 screws!

Now there are three plastic clips holding the plastic cover to the
cluster itself (snap-in lock!), undo these, be careful now, and pull the whole cover out. Now, before you pull the cluster, out there are two wiring harness on the top left and bottom left( reach form underneath to get to it), and the other two harnesses are at the top right. Now you can pull the harness out, and be careful again.

Finally:
What you now have to do, is to unscrews a hell of a lot of screws, (qty: 8 of the 1st cover, then 15 of the rest) eventually you will get to it.

Your bulb, what you will replace here, is located in the center of the inner cluster (P N D4 D3 2 1). These bulps are "soldered in". Not more. Simple and easy. The only bulbs, which you can easy replace, are 4 pcs of 12V 5W = THAT´S YOURS !!! . The others are soldered in (too bad).

Mike / Cologne (Germany)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you MikeD for your detailed response.

I would like see the pictures or schematics that show the dash assembly before I work on it. I don't want to break something in the process. Anyone has this info?

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
Glen93 said:
Thank you MikeD for your detailed response.

I would like see the pictures or schematics that show the dash assembly before I work on it. I don't want to break something in the process. Anyone has this info?
I´m so sorry, but I haven´t any infos or detaild drawings. But, trust me, it´s really simple, trust me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike / Cologne

1 - 5 of 5 Posts