Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently saw a TL TypeS with the Dark Grey Interior Dash kit. I immediately fell in love with this look and want to do the same thing in my Legend. I was suprised to fin a lot of different dash kits for our cars but unfortunately there don't appear to have the color I want. Any suggestions? :confused:

http://www.bodydash.com

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It wopuld look so sweet in my car. I have the 2 tone interior with the grey on Black. It'll look so freakin sweet!!!!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hey, don't get that cheap dash kit. It's only stick on, on top of your current wood trim or whatever trim you have. Especially for the center console, it won't look good.

So, Boston meet sometimes? wanna arrange a time and place to meet, it's freaking hot out here right now! aaawwww........

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Boston Meet

I was thinking about meeting @ F1 in Quincy and then caravaning out to Clair Acura in Walpole. I was thinking of arranging test drives for those that show up or something to give it a kind of official feel.

You know what! I'm gonna get off my ass and call them and see what happens right now. I'lll let you know what happens....:D

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
I have the OEM fake wood trim. I am going to sand it and paint it satin silver with a clear coat. I have seen a legend like this (badass), and I love it. Just another idea for you.
Later!
Lee

G

·
I'm going to but the oem Console (since the LS is coupe and sedan interchangable) and then buy one of those real wood kits and add all the peices I want..:)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I exchanged a couple of e-mails with this crazy fool at woodtrim.com. The guys seems wierd. All his e-mail responses seem like automated responses, but I think he is actually responding. I think. Anyway, his e-mails sound like they are from a robot, and his answers aren't entirely clear. He keeps telling me they don't make a factoy kit for the legends, yet I am asking him about his walnut burl kit. I am also asking him if I can purchase just a few pieces from the kit instead of the whole kit, and I don't get real clear answers. I am questioning whether I should do business with this fool.

G

·
I dont think you can just buy parts of the kit if you could that would be cool.. I have the LS wood console but it's for a sedan and I have a coupe would it fit? Any one know? and then I'll buy one of the real wood kits and add all the parts I dont have.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Well I just talked to him again and I guess he is not as big a nut as I thought he was, at least I hope he isn't because I just gave him my full name and address.

I am getting a walnut burl sample to make sure it matches my stock wood. Will see how it goes.

·
Registered
296 Posts
sleeprlegendcp said:
I have the OEM fake wood trim. I am going to sand it and paint it satin silver with a clear coat. I have seen a legend like this (badass), and I love it. Just another idea for you.
Later!
Lee
sleeprlegendcp,
I was wondering about Kevon's dash kit! I like it, and I am in the process of doing that to mine. Are you sure he painted it? And the color is "Satin Silver"? I wonder if he had to sand his plastic pieces down first to get the paint to adhere better. Kevon, if you read this post, would you mind letting me in on the secret of your interior? Thanks.....maybe I will post a new thread for him to see.:D

Ghost

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
I know for a fact that he painted it. He used some extra paint from the exterior of his car. I am not sure of the color. I have a friend who owns a body shop, and he is going to do it for me in satin silver with a clear coat. Good Luck!
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
296 Posts
sleeprlegendcp said:
I know for a fact that he painted it. He used some extra paint from the exterior of his car. I am not sure of the color. I have a friend who owns a body shop, and he is going to do it for me in satin silver with a clear coat. Good Luck!
Later!
Lee
Cool! I am going to call my body shop guy and ask him to do mine. I wanna get extra pieces so that I can go back to stock if I want........probably wouldn't though. *****.........Now the possibilities are endless! I could do a pearl color to match my car's paint or silver................hmmm......I wonder if that would be too much white though.......and trying to keep it clean.....man. Maybe not.

Ghost

·
Registered
296 Posts
Boston Speed said:
Ghost, What color is your interior?
I have a 92 LS Coupe Pearl or Tafetta White exterior with all black leather interior.........dash, under dash, etc. Everything inside my car is either black or woodgrain.

Ghost

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
if you have black interior, you can go with white or silver and look good. I think either will look great with matching indeglo gauges. Just my input.
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
296 Posts
sleeprlegendcp said:
if you have black interior, you can go with white or silver and look good. I think either will look great with matching indeglo gauges. Just my input.
Later!
Lee
Thanks for the input. One of my good friends said the same. I have the Indiglo gauges at home on my desk.........they have been there for about 2 months. Just haven't had the time to install them. They are the reverse indiglo's, but they don't look like the ones on Ebay now. I can't decide between white indiglo's or the ones that I have now. Too many decisions......:( :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts