Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mr. X (aka #5)
4,474 Posts
ND1980LS said:
Which is closest to the OEM Wood set offered in a '90 LS Coupe ?? Thanks !
i would go with the medium burlwood if offered, i havent looked yet, but thats the closest to OEM. thats the one i am going with if i can get the money

ike=broke college student :(

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As far as my knowledge, I am not famailer with the wood Acura Legend 1st gen came with.

However the mostest common color is oxford burlwood. English Burlwood is very nice though.

This kit actually beutifes the interior to an extent that its just unbelievable how good it looks and how a simple dash kit can change the whole thing.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
As per body9599's photo from the 1990 LS Coupe, the OEM LS wood trim is only found on the centre console, from just in front of the hand-brake opening, up to and including the heater/AC control panel. Personally, I think Acura had it right: the wood trim kits offered by AutoAccessoryStore go way overboard ..and end up making the dash look "cheap" with all that gadgety "wood grain" ...too bad they didn't just offer the center console (as per OEM) trim as a separate, lower-priced kit.

·
-------------------------
1,973 Posts
digger89L said:
As per body9599's photo from the 1990 LS Coupe, the OEM LS wood trim is only found on the centre console, from just in front of the hand-brake opening, up to and including the heater/AC control panel. Personally, I think Acura had it right: the wood trim kits offered by AutoAccessoryStore go way overboard ..and end up making the dash look "cheap" with all that gadgety "wood grain" ...too bad they didn't just offer the center console (as per OEM) trim as a separate, lower-priced kit.
I was thinking the same thing. I like the wood grain around the door handles and could bare the wood grain on the air vents, but all around the gauge cluster and on the gauge cluster itself is way too much...

·
Registered
70 Posts
are these kits just overlays, or are they actual replacements for the stock icky blackness.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Looby said:
are these kits just overlays, or are they actual replacements for the stock icky blackness.
look like sticker overlays to me

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.