Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,

Last weekend there was a small lapping competition at the local track. I took my car there, just to see how it would run. Just before, I slapped on a DIY CAI (K&N + Home depot!), and had my alignment done. Well, the Legend sure is not a great track car ... just way too heavy, and the plowing and rolling is way too much (even with H&R's and Konis)! I am going to try again when I get Leon's strut bar on, but swaybars would REALLY help here. The understeer is what killed my lap times. :mad:

Even so, I managed to come in 3rd after a couple of heavily modded Golf VR6's (last pic). Times were 21.5, 22.4, and 23.9 (mine) on a 3/8 mile oval. Besides, running at 120km/h in 2nd at 7200 RPM really puts a grin on your face :D

Here is a little slideshow for ya ... enjoy (and check out how it leans!)






 
G

·
hey thats pretty cool i would love to do that in my legend......

those strut bars should get rid of that body roll
 

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
Joined
·
4,926 Posts
Stratoknight said:
hey thats pretty cool i would love to do that in my legend......

those strut bars should get rid of that body roll
The strut bars will help a bit, but it won't really do anything for body roll. You need larger anti roll bars for that. However, if you go too large an anti roll bar in the front, it would actually understeer even more. The set up I'm thinking might be a good one is strut bars up front with stock anti roll bars, then the stiffer rear anti roll bars that DLS is trying to develope. I'm hopeing that would give a good combination.
 

·
502MotorSports.com
Joined
·
9,296 Posts
I would love to do that....I tell you what, you will be surprised at how well it does with sticker rubber on the slalom....I did the SCCA Auto Xing, and I was pleased.Those pics still look way cool...tell me how it feels when you get it.

I look forward to anti-sway in the rear....hmmmm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,198 Posts
The track here some nights has a course setup around and within the oval. It is pilons and such in some really tight turns and slalom.... defenitaly made for a manual car, and the legend I dont think would cut it. Most of the cars were subarus, porsches, and rice cars like cavaliers and civics and integras and colts..... (the usual... do I need to name more?).

Looks like fun though.
 

·
502MotorSports.com
Joined
·
9,296 Posts
Mckenzie93 said:
The track here some nights has a course setup around and within the oval. It is pilons and such in some really tight turns and slalom.... defenitaly made for a manual car, and the legend I dont think would cut it. Most of the cars were subarus, porsches, and rice cars like cavaliers and civics and integras and colts..... (the usual... do I need to name more?).

Looks like fun though.
you'd be surprised

I did it

66.xxx seconds all stock + Eibachs no cones



This one gives you an idea of what the slalom is like


more pics here
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,198 Posts
Nice Leon..... This particular course was very tight. ALOT of hairpins and oddly enough the pylons were put very close together and the formation was tight. I bet if you put the type 2 suspension and your upcoming mods and your springs and some performance mods you would burn up the track. So are you judged by a combo of time and pylons?

LOL at the pic of the big 1 ton dually going through the pylons...haha....
 

·
502MotorSports.com
Joined
·
9,296 Posts
Stratoknight said:
i wonder what those shifter karts were running....man those things are fast....
they ran 45.xxx
FASTER than the vettes, type r's, M3 and Porsches
those were in the 56.xxx
My 66.xx was with a slipping tranny ;)
I redlined in first gear and had to let off the gas to get into 2nd
hence why I dogged the tranny in hopes of a full on 6spd/type II

only got half :eek:
but I know its faster now
I could tell tonite when we took that corner on the highway at that speed

planted:eek:
 

·
502MotorSports.com
Joined
·
9,296 Posts
Mckenzie93 said:
Nice Leon..... This particular course was very tight. ALOT of hairpins and oddly enough the pylons were put very close together and the formation was tight. I bet if you put the type 2 suspension and your upcoming mods and your springs and some performance mods you would burn up the track. So are you judged by a combo of time and pylons?

LOL at the pic of the big 1 ton dually going through the pylons...haha....
same here
I wish you could see the panoramic shot

the pylons = seconds off
running off the road - DQ

I cant wait for more mods
too bad nOPi is so close
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top