*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Final reminder:

When: Saturday March 9, 3PM

Where: 2nd floor of the Macy's garage at Tysons II Mall

2001 International Drive, McLean Va.

www.mapquest.com for directions

This is a meet and greet set up by the TL/CL folks who are inviteing ALL import enthusiasts. So far something like 55 cars are supposed to be coming.

·
Registered
432 Posts
OK Dave, are you bringing your grill?? I may not come unless you are!

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Scott;

I'll be there. Wanna talk to the TL/CL guys about a mass display at the Carlisle I&K/R Nationals (not the rice boy show 2 weeks before).

Leon;

I got layed up after going to the show saturday. Nasty infection just clearing up. I check the mail page when I figure it out.

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bummer! The meet is having to move and they haven't finalized the new site yet. Stay tuned!

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the good news is they convinced Tysons II to host us after all.

Posted by the organizer over at H-A.net:

"I have permission after speaking with the General Manager of Tyson's II.

The meet is a GO!
Tyson's II mall
3:00 pm
March 9th Saturday

We'll leave there around 5 pm so we can cruise to the Rockville Starbucks with a little daylight.
(Sorry, no show with cash prizes this time around, due to unforseen circumstances... )

55+ cars possible:
Acura
BMW
Subaru
Audi
Honda
Toyota
Mazda

There are simple common courtesy conditions however:
We must park in the lines
We must not leave anything like trash etc
Do not congregate in the roadways
Do not hassle passersby.
Security will patrol and we need to listen to them and be polite.
IF YOU DON'T FOLLOW THESE RULES WE'LL NEVER GET PERMISSION AGAIN! DON'T UIN IT FOR ALL OF US.

I'd suggest you come early and do some shopping or plan a club dinner at one of the restraunts in the mall.

Peace all,
See you there!! "

I hope there will be more than just my Legend there.

:D

·
Registered
123 Posts
lookign forward to it

looking forward to it,

peeps on my list to really meet

dave c
jose

scott lets see how much shine can you put on those gs rims!!!!! aw wait u will bring the GS not the coupe

ok look for a stock 95 coupe!!!

l8r
95coupe

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Boy oh boy. Did you folks miss a dilly of a meet. Well over 150 cars were gathered at Tysons II. Sad to say only 5 Legends made appearences. Me, sfearing, 95coupe, xenonk and whiplash.
sfearing brought the 92 coupe he just bought for his kids (dad usually rides a GS). What a dad to have huh?

When the rain started we all just moved to the lower lervel of the garage for shelter. Biggest compliment was from a TL owner who was telling us he liked his GS better than the TL but sold it because of it's high miles (90K). If only he knew then what he knows now.

·
Registered
100 Posts
What a meet!!! That's the biggest get-together around, so many cool people. It was best that there were soo many cars, cuz I would hate to see the 5 legends just parked there with all those CLs and TLs... You all missed a great meet.:D I hope everyone likes my new face on my car...

·
Registered
432 Posts
You all should've seen xenonk's front fascia. Hard to describe but it is very intricate - he has 2 sets of driving lights in addition to the regular headlights!

It was fun shooting the breeze with everyone - DaveC and I had an age advantage over most folks there. It was similar to the parking lot shots from "Fast & Furious". Being under the covered parking it got a bit loud - especially the blonde chick starting the blow-off valve contest in her WRX - remember her, Dave?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Very nice meet...sorry I didn't get to meet you Xenonk, or maybe that might have been you Keefe, if it was you, the ride is TIIIIIGHT. The wife loved your lights,(me 2), Got to do this more often.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Re: lookign forward to it

95coupe said:
looking forward to it,

peeps on my list to really meet

dave c
jose

scott lets see how much shine can you put on those gs rims!!!!! aw wait u will bring the GS not the coupe

ok look for a stock 95 coupe!!!

l8r
95coupe
Hee hee...I might have those rims before you do Jose'

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey Whip, yea you did meet me in front of the Starbucks and saw me leaving the parking garage. That's my car... I wish I had really got it all done up for the meet, but I just got my car out of the shop since my little incident with a deer about 2 months ago. You can see my old pix on my link for Speedoptions. I normally have neon lights all over the freaking thing, not to mention some other stuff as well. Recently, I just ended up finishing only 34% of the mods since the car's recovery to its former glory. I hope that everyone liked my new bumper. I hope to get new side skirts as well, depending on how low I really want my car to sit. I also have a WRX that I will be hooking up as well. The girl (Megan) with the white WRX would be a cool contact for me to have. Let the Import Scene continue the fun:D

·
Registered
123 Posts
whiplash

this is not jose, and i actually got some rims on by now, so i guess my ride was not stock at the meet. but yeah surely missed my fellow legeend people, specially when i got there first ...with 4-5 cl/tls following me then xenonk parked his ride next to mine, we were doing good, UNTILL YOU GUYS STOP SHOWING UP !

anyways good meet, see yall around.

dave are u doing lunch next time :)

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Re: Re: lookign forward to it

whiplash9001 said:

Hee hee...I might have those rims before you do Jose'
watch out dude.
i'm comin hard ! :)

·
Registered
734 Posts
Re: whiplash

95coupe said:
this is not jose, and i actually got some rims on by now, so i guess my ride was not stock at the meet. but yeah surely missed my fellow legeend people, specially when i got there first ...with 4-5 cl/tls following me then xenonk parked his ride next to mine, we were doing good, UNTILL YOU GUYS STOP SHOWING UP !

anyways good meet, see yall around.

dave are u doing lunch next time :)
My Bad, just realized that you weren't Jose'.....BTW, what time did you show up? Must have missed you during the greet and meet. I had the '95 black 2dr coupe.

·
Registered
123 Posts
i left around 4...i was like the first person there......sorry missed you, really need to meet some coupe people around the area to get some ideas..hope we can meet up sometime soon!

later

·
Registered
734 Posts
Same here, I was thinking of trying to do something down in Va Beach, maybe during the summer months, that is if we can get some people together....Holla Back

·
Registered
432 Posts
>Pics guys?

You know, I left mine at home and I was just wishing today that I had taken mine. I didn't see DaveC, whiplash, or 95coupe with theirs - did you get some shots, xenonk? Anyway, I think if you want to see xenonk's car he's got some pics on his website.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts