1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
358 Posts
I hope you didn't pay too much for that bar. How come its only hooked up to one screw on the strut tower? I would think for maximum efficiency, you would want all screwed tied down to the strut bar.

Looks good though...I still think I got my $28 worth for the Matrix Prelude bar, works hella nice.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Legendary91L said:
How come its only hooked up to one screw on the strut tower? I would think for maximum efficiency, you would want all screwed tied down to the strut bar.

That's just the way it was out of the box. It's like that for several other cars' applications too.

Yea, It's a bit pricey, but oh well, I just wanted to be different and not have the same old Procarparts Prelude bar that almost everyone else has.

And Yes, it is from a Prelude. But a lot more modification is needed than that of the Procarparts one. I had to cut off 3/4 in on one side, bend the mounting brackets (like the procarparts one), cut out slots on the side of the bar, and drill new holes on the bar. 3 times the effort= 3 hrs+

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
Hey man,
Where did you order it? That is exactly what I am looking for. I am guessing you are talking about the real strut tower bar. The one that connects the two strut towers, not the inner fender like the stock one. Let me know! Looks good!
Later!
Lee

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.