Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was driving up from Edison trying to make it to the Holland Tunnel (exit 14c) when my Legend starts making a rattling sound and the Oil Light starts flickering on and off around exit 12. By the time I make it to exit 13 the Legend starts to sound like a motorcycle and now the oil light is steady and red.
I pass exit 14a thinking I am going to make it off the Pike but the battery light comes on and the car just dies.
I had enough time to pull over and wait three hours for a Turnpike certified towing service.

:(

Lou

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The mechanic just called me; said the engine won't turn. He said it may cost me up to 3k to get it running but has not said what the issue is.
Sucks.

:(

-Lou

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
That stinks- and not a great spot to break down. Was the engine knocking at all? Sounds like you lost oil pressure and probably did some major damage..

·
GS/LS Conversion
2,481 Posts
Sorry to hear that my friend. But a word of advice!! anytime you are planing to drive more than 5 miles from your home you must first take your time and open your hood and check every fluid in your car plus battery terminal to make sure every thing is up to par before you drive long distance especially the jersey turnpike.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very true indeed. Lesson learned. . . a costly one at that.
Yeah, it seems that for me it is not worth it to continue with it. I have lost patience and time. The car had been sitting in my driveway all winter, I just got new tires and the tie rod ends replaced and now this happens. I will cut my losses and place an ad in craig's list and try to get a grand for it so they can part it out or replace the engine if they chose to. Worse case, it will be donated to charity.
It was a good run, the Legend will be missed.

-Lou

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Sorry for your loss man it could have happened to any car,as if the Legend doesn't get a bad rap already. Was the engine burning Oil.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts