Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Approx. a month ago I wrote a thread called "Secrets of a 300K Legend" 92L Sedan

Well guess what? Someone smacked the s#^t out of it and its totaled. I almost jumped out and killed the stupid mf'er. I had purchased it new and taken excellent care of it.

I'm cool now because I already found a replacement - 93LS Sedan

The insurance co is offering me $5K which I think is good for a 10 year old car w/ 300K.

They said if I take $500 less I can keep the car. The 2 drivers side doors are crushed in and there is frame damage on that side.

Every thing else is fine - including the front and back - and the car still drives.

I'm trying to figure out whether to take the $5K and give up the car or the $4500 and keep the car.)

It would be a shame to give up all those parts for $500 but I have no where to store the car for more than 2 weeks.

If anyone needs any parts - and is serious about buying them - please let me know now!!!!

I put in a steering rack and right cv axle in Feb - have receipts. (I would sell these at a good discount - but you would have to pay the cost of having them removed from my car.

·
Registered
248 Posts
What condition was the interior? Id be interested in stuff like all the speaker covers (If Tan), and a few other small items for sure.
Let me know-

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
:( Sorry about your car that sucks big time, good luck with the new one. I could use some tan interior parts in good condition. I need sun visors that stay up when not in use, mine sag down a little especially on the drivers side. I would also like a center console lid that is'nt all scrathed up like mine. Let me know if you end up parting it, I would be willing to pay $120 for all three or if your interior is not tan but grey and in good condition maybe I'll buy the whole thing, I have a fantasy of putting a grey interior in my car. I have no idea how I could get the whole interior to cali from jersey but let me know what you've got and we can go from there.

Jerry
[email protected]

·
Registered
851 Posts
Just suggestion, if you have no place to store it, get the 500 and run away. But, if you have the space to store it, get the car, part is out, and you can make way way more money than 500. But remember, selling all those stuff will take you a long time, and most probably if you later on call the junkyard wanna sell just the frame, they don't want to come and pick it up, even you give to them for free, because they cannot sell anything out of it anymore. Those are some factors for you to think about keeping a wrecked car. This happened to me last time on my Honda Accord, and I decided to let the car go and keep the money for the new car. Good luck.

·
Registered
310 Posts
double legend, if you don't mind, can you please check whether the bulb clear plastic cover on the front passenger side foot area is still good ? i broke mine when i change the bulb.

what color is your car ? i might need some parts such as hood if your car is black.

please let me know. thanks.

·
Registered
847 Posts
sorry to hear that... Well, I think my 180k miles 92L Legend would love to have some stuff from a 300K big brother.

1. Center Air Vent (the one above the stereo, really easy for you to take out)
2. Need 2 of the interior light bulbs (the ones from ash tray and automatic shifter console or any of the same spec, again, really easy for you)
3. Blower Motor (I remember that you said you've replaced them twice already, when was the last one put in and was it new when you bough it?)
4. Glove Box Damper (gotta get it out when you take out the blower motor too)
5. Center Console if it's real wood~ But I don't think any L trim has it:(
6. The plastic pocket if you don't have a stock CD Changer. My changer got stolen and it's a big empty spot now :(

I think it should be better for you to keep the car. Rent a auto storage for a month, which isn't that much, spread the cost to the buyers. And a month later, just pay the towing company to get the car to a junk yard, which shouldn't be expensive. If the hood, window switches, and the trunk lid is still good, they should worth a lot already. I think the junk yard would be happy to take it as long as the engine and the tranny is still in there.

·
Junior Mint
629 Posts
When I read the subject, I figured that he drove a Legend into the ground with 300K miles, and it finally died mechanically. I guess the leading cause of Legend death is other cars.

Sorry to hear about the car.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I appreciate all of the quick responses.

My exterior is called Phantom - It is a very dark Charcoal that looks Black at night - Some dopes even think it Black in the daylight - but if you put a Black Legend next to it you can see the difference.
My interior is Black and is in very good shape.
Woodgrain is scratched - so I would not feel right selling it.

At this point I am not sure whether I will part the car out .
I will make up my mind by early next week -- I will keep y'all posted.

Thanks

·
Registered
760 Posts
since youve taken good care of it.... id keep you totaled legend, get it fixed, and put whatever is left over back into performance parts and stuff. maybe even an engine rebuild... if everything else is in good condition then its worth it, with a new one you never know what the previous owner did with/to it, and im sure they didnt take as good of care of it as you do with yours.

-brandon

·
Registered
54 Posts
This might be a good idea. Why not keep it and get it fixed to keep or resell. Space, time and money permitting??

Lots of options. My insurance totaled one of my cars years ago. They paid me, I fixed it and my son continued to drive for years.
Whatever works out best, good luck.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts