Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Whoa... just out of curiosity what does it mean to "debadge" your car?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I think

I think it means , that instead of being Superman, it's now Bizzoro. Or remove the S from my chest. Or Dont call me a Legend LS, Just call me a Legend. I think

·
Registered
658 Posts
If you have 87-89 coupe you'll need bondo to fill the holes from the LEGEND letters. These cars look good with just an acura symbol by the trunk key hole (like 91-93 sedans). To remove the other symbols just heat them up and use fishing line by running it between the paint and the emblem. YOu'll need some bug and tar remover to take off the extra adhesive. LEGEND logos can just be pried off.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Hey, I did this on my back symbols that were on my spoiler and it left nasty vampire wholes. Any ideas on how to fill them? My car is a dark emerald green (almost black). Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
firestorm said:
Hey, I did this on my back symbols that were on my spoiler and it left nasty vampire wholes. Any ideas on how to fill them? My car is a dark emerald green (almost black). Thanks guys.
One word......... bondo. Hehehehe. :D

·
Registered
602 Posts
Thanks.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Removing badges

I have an 88 coupe that has been completely stripped. I removed the adhesive badges myself, and buffed out the goo that was left behind.

The L-E-G-E-N-D badges I had removed and had a body shop weld the holes and then repaint the trunk. It looks WAY better in my opinion. At this point, except for my mud flaps, there is NOTHING on the ouside of the car that says what it is.

I've had people look at the car, then look at the wheels, and ask me what kind of car a "MOMO" is.

I tell them it's a Honda.

-Furball.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.