Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
quick question about debadging...

i have a 95 coupe, i wana debadge the words "legend" across the middle and also the acura on the top left.basically just wana leave the a in the front and in the back.i read thru and says i can do this using a floss since these symbols are just glued.

are both the "acura" and the "legend" removable ....please let me know since my car is getting detailed inside out ...so i wana do this before that.

THANKSSSSS

·
Registered
296 Posts
Debadging

I've done this on my coupe but I have the 92 style trunk lid. The emblems are just glued on, but it still wasn't that easy. I tried to use floss, but it kept breaking. I finally used some 10lb test fishing line and it worked better. You should start at one corner and work your way back and forth under the entire emblem. The only problem that I had was with the pegs on the back of the emblem. After getting them off, it will be a lot of glue left on the car. I used a bug and tar remover and Gu-gone to get that crap off. I'm not sure if the 95 style letters have any pegs on them that stick into the trunk. I know that the "A" symbol does though. If so, you will have to fill these and repaint your trunk lid. The peg holes are too big for a touch-up paint job. Good Luck!

Ghost

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Only the Acura symbol has pegs. You should have no problem removing the word Acura or the L E G E N D letters. It is a b!tch to get the glue off. I took off the Acura word and I still have glue left on. I am going to wait until I get the car repainted and let them take it off.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok so i will try this tommorow....but does it have to be painted..??...i mean after i take them off clean what i can and leave it up to the detailing people....u think they will be able to get it off...or is the glue going to scrape the paint off with it?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
95coupe said:
ok so i will try this tommorow....but does it have to be painted..??...i mean after i take them off clean what i can and leave it up to the detailing people....u think they will be able to get it off...or is the glue going to scrape the paint off with it?
No, it shouldn't mess up the paint so long as you aren't using a scraper to take it off. ;) Just get off what you can and see what the detailing guys can do for you. They may have better luck with it.

I mentioned a paint job because my car just needs one for other reasons, not because I debadged it. :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanx

ok kool....i will be doin it sometime today...in this order

1. heat it with a blowdryer
2. user fishing line to get it off
3. use mild soap or sumthing just do a little cleaning.
4. pray in hope the detailing people can do a good job.

i will post pictures for all changes made...

thank you guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts