Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 15" factory wheels and am considering larger wheels w/ low profile tires. I've heard that the larger the wheels, the rougher the ride. Any truth to that? Would there be a big difference in feel and handling between 17's and 18's?

1993 4-door LS

·
Registered
71 Posts
its not usually because of the rim size, its because of the tires. the lower profiles have a harder sidewall and less flex. you should notice an increase in handling, i can tell when my brother puts his 17's on his car.

·
Registered
541 Posts
HEY! 4doorLS, ur from Edmond OK? cool! i was born there, moved before i really remembered how it was. well jus wanted to say hi! i really dont know anything about tire sizes, but 18's would look better on the Legend.

G

·
If I could go back and do it all over I would do 18's because the Legend is such a big car. Now that I have lowered my Legend my 17's look a lot better, but the 18's would just be killer. I think that 19's aren't really working for practicality.

G

·
See while speed racer flies down the block at 100mph i'll cruise at 15 and spot that PYT comming down the block....

Now that's PIMPIN' on diez' y Ochos...:D

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
Reno5658 said:
did you know....larger the diameter of your rims, the slower your car becomes :eek:
I haven't noticed much difference between stockies and 18"alloys
Now if I had Lexani's (33lbs ea) yes, you'd say I'd be slower.

Even my Enkei's were not that bad....

G

·
It's all about what kinda rim you get too. There are a lot of 17" rims that are heavier than some 18" rims. The wheel that I use, the ADR GT-Sport is a pretty light rim so even if I was using them in 18's I think that they would only be like 19-20lbs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts