Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
anyone know how? a buddy of mine is able to defrost his 97's Acura TL windows much quicker than mine. i have to wait almost 20 before i even see anything happen, where as the TL defrosted in less than 5 minutes.

should i smack an amplifier on the defrost lines? :D

·
Victory is fleeting...
5,414 Posts
Keeping it clean helps immensely. I'm a fanatic about window cleanliness, and my Legend clears up in about a minute or so. Some people say to use Fog-X...I have not tried that yet since I don't really have a problem.

·
Victory is fleeting...
5,414 Posts
Weird. Do you have any symptoms of any electrical issues? Do your heated mirrors work well?

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have heated mirrors and i wish my windshield would heat up as quick as the mirrors. my side mirrors only takes up about 30 seconds to clear up.

so many problems, so little money

·
LlVlNG LEGEND
1,612 Posts
i have the same problem.. my side mirrirs clear up in about 30 seconds, even with ice on them .. My rear window seems to take about 20 minutes to do anything, and even then it barely melts anything. And cleanliness is not an issue. My old '87 accord's rear window would melt ANYTYHING after about 5 minutes. I want to fix this

·
Registered
814 Posts
It makes a big difference if you run your air conditioner. Clears faster.

BTW, are you sure you are getting current to the defroster grid?

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the thing is, all the lines are there and it does defrost...just not quick enough.

i hate having to wake up earlier to go out and wipe the windshield manually. the water is damn freezing!!

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
I am not sure if this would help you, but have you ever though of getting one of those rubber mats you use to cover your winshield when it snows. That should help with the time involved to manually clean it off until you get this figured out.
Later!
Lee

·
Victory is fleeting...
5,414 Posts
I just thought of something, GSteg--Do you have your AC on when you are trying to defrost the rear window? I know it sounds stupid, but bear with me: Dad used to sell Hondas, Honda tells their sales/technicians to tell owners to turn on the AC and heat when they defrost, and to use outside air (the AC takes moisture out of the air, the heat defrosts the windshield, etc)...This worked on my 97 Civic when I bought it in 97, my 99 Accord in 99, my 01 Accord in 01 and my new Accord now...

Now, in my Legend, I do the same thing to defrost the front windshield (heat with AC on)...And my rear defroster works well. Maybe it's only in my head, but I turned the AC off a couple days ago, and it *seemed* to take longer to defrost the rear--I don't know if there is a connection, but try it and let us know.

·
Registered
285 Posts
you guys have rear defrostor!!! mine doesnt even work! i dont know what happened to it. i check all the lines on it. and all of them look good. but still i get nothing. my only solution was to buy a new rear windshield and that is too much. so im stuck with a squegee. :D :giggle: :mad:

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
I just turn the AC on full blast. The AC acts like a dehumidifier and it clears up ALL the windows within 1 minute or two. Obviously if it is really cold outside you will have to bear with the AC for a while :p

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.