Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
is this a joke? lol, sorry i'm not understanding how it works, lol, what's it made from?

·
Five- O
857 Posts
G1?

Hey nick, let me know when u come up with a smaller version to fit in the G1 engine bay :D

LOL
Esti

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yer strap it on to the hood of your car. Connect the hoses through the cut outs you have to make in your hood and buy a REALLY long extension cord, one that's say just a hair over a 1/4mile long and you're all set to roll :D

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
NickD said:
Yer strap it on to the hood of your car. Connect the hoses through the cut outs you have to make in your hood and buy a REALLY long extension cord, one that's say just a hair over a 1/4mile long and you're all set to roll :D
Ha Ha. I got a gas powered blower. I don't need no stinking extension cord. I'll wupp your butt all the way to NOPI.:p

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
OH YEAH!!! Well I'll show you. I'll nitrous the blower motor and the main engine. Fill the trunk up with 20 lb N2O bottles. Time to rock and ROLL!:p

·
Registered
270 Posts
With a 1/4 mile of extension cord, you get an outo shut-off !!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
No Cord...

You can use a 9Volt battery!!!!!
hahahahaha :)
LOL!!!!!
You guys are so funny!!!!!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
You're forgetting, it's a supercharger, so it's belt driven... no extention chord or gas needed, just attach a pulley to your engine... that thing will wail when you get that leaf blower up to 6800 rpm!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Damn now I feel like a friggin' *******, because I actually built a turbocharged lawnmower (for the Lawnmower series racing) that actually works... sort of... see below

Parts needed:

1 Murray riding mower
1 LARGE hairdryer (go to Walmart...)
1 dimmer-lightswitch
1 set of wires (positive and negative to power the hairdryer)
1 set (2) NGK plugs (If they're good enough for my Legend...)
1 can of octane booster
1 tank of 93 octane
1 power adapter, hardwired to the battery (this can be expensive)

steps:

1) break the handle off of the hairdryer, and sauder the dimmer switch onto it... this will work in conjunction with your throttle, so when you raise the throttle, the hairdryer will provide more *boost* This is really funny, trust me... it does work if you're handy with your hands...

2) hardwire the power adapter to the battery of the lawnmower... I did this by cutting the cord off and soldering it. Then wire the hairdrier to the power adapter (it works, but don't blame me if you catch yourself on fire... I haven't yet...)

3) get some drier vent, PVS piping, whatever... and route the air from the hairdryer OUT vent to the throttlebody of the lawnmower (you figure this one out, since every mower is different) I prefer to use PVC, because it acts like *hard intercooler* piping, so that the pipes won't collapse when you start running *mad boost*!

4) be sure to run a filter... I don't... but then again, I top my Legend out at 147 on H-rated tires (j/k!)

5) change your plugs, fill up the tank with the good stuff, etc... and get ready for fun!

p.s. - PLEASE remember to run your hairdryer with the NO HEAT/COLD setting turned ON... I don't want to talk about what happened the first time I forgot about this...

That's it - your very own turbo lawnmower.... amaze your friends, scare your neighbors... this is really neat, because it sounds almost like a turbo Civic (that really throaty, nasaly sound)... I've already managed to screw up the Hydro-drive on my lawnmower, probably from all of that *granny shifting and not double clutching* action...

oh, if you want pics, I'll have Leon post them for me as soon as I can get some (I'm in GA, the lawnmower is in TN...)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts