Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a pair of Diamond Audio S600s this weekend. Getting a pretty sweet deal. The question is what 6x9's should i get to compliment these speakers? I was thinking about the MB Quart DTCs which i can get for about $115. Any other suggestions? I don't really want to spend more than $200 on them.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
I have two sets of Diamond Audio S600s, one for the front, and (Although not installed yet) one for the rear. For the rear, simply used the mid driver only, and don't install the tweeter or x-over, unless you really like the high frequency pulling the image to the rear. But if you really need 6X9s, I would suggest getting no more than a coax (two way) speaker and one with a silk/soft dome tweeter.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ChrisK said:
I have two sets of Diamond Audio S600s, one for the front, and (Although not installed yet) one for the rear. For the rear, simply used the mid driver only, and don't install the tweeter or x-over, unless you really like the high frequency pulling the image to the rear. But if you really need 6X9s, I would suggest getting no more than a coax (two way) speaker and one with a silk/soft dome tweeter.
I finally got my Diamonds and installed them. I was thinking about getting two sets also, but it didn't fit my budget. I have the Diamonds now in the fron and the mb Quarts in the Rear. The problem is that the image is getting pulled too much to the rear and bottom. I flush mounted my tweeters to the door panel right in front of the door lever. Is that a good place to place the tweeters?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts