Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did everytihng as directed on legendtuner and worked great,but the color of the bulb looks the same as stock, I thought it would be more blue/white. Is everyone elses like this? I used bluevision bulbs the bulbs that look blue, but light is yellow, Im gonna return them tommorow.I already have focuz superwhites I just wanted something more bright, any suggestions

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
From Competition Limited: 80w Quartz Krypton Super-Whites. Need to use an aux wiring harness and relays. Any application using a bulb having 70 watt rating or higher, MUST USE an aux wiring harness and relays.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
gen2c said:
I did everytihng as directed on legendtuner and worked great,but the color of the bulb looks the same as stock, I thought it would be more blue/white. Is everyone elses like this? I used bluevision bulbs the bulbs that look blue, but light is yellow, Im gonna return them tommorow.I already have focuz superwhites I just wanted something more bright, any suggestions
The point with the bluevision 9005/9006 mod is not to give you whiter or bluer light, it's supposed to give you more visible light at night. If you want blue or white lights, then buy the aftermarket superwhites that's on ebay or other online sources. Make sure the wattage of the lights don't exceed 65watt or you might risk melting your harness.

G

·
Or if you have a local import shop or something like that that sells performance parts, etc... They usually will carry a pretty good variety of those bulbs. If you are willing to spend a little bit more money the PIAA Super Plasma's look real nice. But once you get that high in price it just starts seeming like saving up for HID's that will last forever is a better idea.

G

·
Get the 9005 PIAA Super Plasma's and modify thoes.. Make sure you get the 55-65W ones though... The closes't by far to H.I.D..

BTW, I think I know why most people get premature blow out w/ the PIAA's... Because the keep them on all day and night.. Every day... to show them off.. If you only use them at night instead of all the time you will increase the usage.. IMO.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Thai.95LCoupe said:
Get the 9005 PIAA Super Plasma's and modify thoes.. Make sure you get the 55-65W ones though... The closes't by far to H.I.D..

BTW, I think I know why most people get premature blow out w/ the PIAA's... Because the keep them on all day and night.. Every day... to show them off.. If you only use them at night instead of all the time you will increase the usage.. IMO.
If you get Piaa superplasmas, those comes in 900x, that mean's it'll fit both 9005 and 9006 with no mod

·
Registered
307 Posts
Just a correction to Thai's comment, the Piaa Superplasma's come in a 900x size. Meaning the bulb will fit in either the 9005 or 9006 socket without modifications. It does give off this nice purplish color, but I sat it next to a BMW 740i with the xenon's and well, it just makes my light look yellow, but hey, I like it, and if you think it's worth the money ($75 from Japan, my bro, bought them for me when he was there), then get them.

I've done the 9005 conversion with the bluevisions, and I must say that there is MUCH more light doing that than with my Piaa's.

Just my .02

G

·
SushiLicious said:
Just a correction to Thai's comment, the Piaa Superplasma's come in a 900x size. Meaning the bulb will fit in either the 9005 or 9006 socket without modifications. It does give off this nice purplish color, but I sat it next to a BMW 740i with the xenon's and well, it just makes my light look yellow, but hey, I like it, and if you think it's worth the money ($75 from Japan, my bro, bought them for me when he was there), then get them.

I've done the 9005 conversion with the bluevisions, and I must say that there is MUCH more light doing that than with my Piaa's.

Just my .02
Hmmm.. were did you get them and how much?

·
Registered
307 Posts
My brother got them for me while he was in Japan. He goes to Japan once a quarter and I asked him to pick them up. Now if I can only talk him into bringing me back some 1 piece headlights, that would be excellent.

Actually, he has looked for them for me, but he said he couldn't find one. I am wanting a used set as a new set would cost WAAAY too much. He finally found a junk yard around yokohama but they didn't have any KA7 headlights :mad: . Anyway, you can also buy the SuperPlasma's from Autodynamic for $109...DAYAM....that costs a grip...I just saw the price, glad I have a hookup
:D

http://secure15.dellhost.com/~d30022975/PIAA_bulbs.htm :D :D

G

·
I found the bluevisions but they ar 65W for the 9005 bulbs... Is this too high to put into the 9006 harness? I think i'll buy these since they are only 17$...

I'll try them out in the lows and some Plasma whites in the highs...

·
11* [VETERAN NOOB!] *11
402 Posts
I did this too and didn't like it

I didin't really see a higher light output. I guess I'll just mobb around with my fake HID's untill I get money to get real HID's!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Thai.95LCoupe said:
I found the bluevisions but they ar 65W for the 9005 bulbs... Is this too high to put into the 9006 harness? I think i'll buy these since they are only 17$...

I'll try them out in the lows and some Plasma whites in the highs...
Hey, if you go with anything higher than a 55W bulb, you run the risk of burning your wiring harness. Our stock harnesses are designed to run with a 55W bulb. You can upgrade your harness via a plug that you can buy from AutoDynamic or a local speed shop. Nopi should also have these harnesses.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
SushiLicious said:

Hey, if you go with anything higher than a 55W bulb, you run the risk of burning your wiring harness. Our stock harnesses are designed to run with a 55W bulb. You can upgrade your harness via a plug that you can buy from AutoDynamic or a local speed shop. Nopi should also have these harnesses.

Hope this helps.
Acutally our stock harness can handle up to 65-70watts. Only problem is that all the high wattage bulbs that are being produced are rated 80Watts.

·
Junior Mint
633 Posts
At one point when upgrading to HIDs, I did a comparison with 900x PIAA Super Plasmas, 9005 PIAA Platinums, and 6K HIDs all in my car. The HIDs made the PIAA bulbs look yellow. I was really surprised.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Thai.95LCoupe said:

u could be getting premature burnouts if u touch the bulbs with your fingers too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello All,
I was wanting to do the 9006 to 9005 bulb upgrade, but I was wondering which bulb would I use for the high beam? Do I use the 9006's for the high beam, or can I use all 9005's for high and low? Will my car's harness be able to support the wattage? I am saving up for an HID kit, so in the meantime and between time, I will be using the factory bulbs for lighting. I know using factory bulbs will make most of you chringe, but I don't want to spend unnecessary money at this point. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts