Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm way overdue for a TB/WP change. (I know, I'm an idiot).

This morning it wouldn't start. It sounded like the engine wasn't turning over, but the starter was turning the flywheel just fine. If the TB broke when I hit the key what would it sound like? I had my door open still and didn't hear any massive amounts of racket (like valves hitting pistons :mad: ).

Needless to say it needs to be towed for a diagnosis and repair. Assume the position, eh.

· FIXER
1,720 Posts
You won't hear the valves hitting the pistons. It's very slight contact but just enough to tweak the end of the valve. The only way to tell is to put another timing belt on and do a compression test.

· Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ntujyug said:
Open the little hole on the timing cover and see it if is broken.
You can't see the TB by looking in this hole.

I turned the crank with a rachet and was able to see that both sprockets turned along with it by looking in the little hole. So... no broken TB, phew. Since I knew the TB wasn't broken I tried a couple time to start it. After 2-3 times of turning it over, it started up fine. This was last night. This morning, no problems at all. Just one of those 14 yr old car gremlins?!?

What are some symptoms of clogged fuel filter or faulty fuel pump?

Thanks guys...

· Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ballistic said:
dang 92L havent seen you in a long ass time. Your car was my inspiration! But now I went beserk. I'd would guess main relay also.

Good to see your still around! How ya been?
HEY! Still here... kinda cooled down on the forum visits for awhile, but doing GREAT. As a matter of interest I had the TB/WP changed last week. Out the door for $800 with a complimentary set of closed end chrome lug nuts for the set of TL-S rims I just put on!! Damn do those rims look sweet! They update the look a ton. I'll update my sig as soon as I get get a pic of the car when its clean. :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.