Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
sleeprlegendcp said:
I know there is a JDM G1 motor that is factory turboed. I am not sure of that engines output, but I would imagine that is the one he is refering to.
Later!
Lee
Lee is correct, there was a 2.2 turbo legend that came out. But it was nowhere near 277 hp. somebody might have modified it to get up to that, but thats it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
jno2968326 said:
yeah, in his dreams.
A good Honda mechanic friend of mine told me that one of the presidents of Honda Japan retrofitted an NSX engine into an 1989 LS coupe. Thats the only way you would get 277hp from a G1. I would love to see that work of art in person.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Mod89Coupe said:
A good Honda mechanic friend of mine told me that one of the presidents of Honda Japan retrofitted an NSX engine into an 1989 LS coupe. Thats the only way you would get 277hp from a G1. I would love to see that work of art in person.
I think that's a rumor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hotstartup said:
this guy on another board is saying that the G1 had a 277 hp JDM engine, and only 250 of those were made.
Yes, that would be me. Hello, Hotlegend! I know they existed because my ex-co-worker had one of the 2.0L wing turbo Legends and remembers that there were 250 of the 1989 twin turbos made, all coupes for JDM only. I can't prove it, as there is nothing about it online, but Japanese car guys know about it. I will keep trying, just in case...

tnelson said:
Lee is correct, there was a 2.2 turbo legend that came out. But it was nowhere near 277 hp. somebody might have modified it to get up to that, but thats it.
That would be the 2.0L wing turbo with 200hp. Here's an an article regarding the 2.0L turbo model.
http://dwolsten.tripod.com/articles/jan89a.html

·
<3 Legends =)
966 Posts
The reason they made the 2.0L turbo legend was due to the fact that there is (was?) a tax on your car depending on displacement size (in japan), so they wanted a lower displacement; higher output legend. That way there would be less taxes. Its by no means a 277 hp legend, so I asume it was either a miss-type or they were refering to a heavily modified C27A1.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm pretty sure the 2.7L TT existed, but there is nothing except for 1 article that I can find on it on the internet. I first heard about this car about 8 years ago as I said from my Japanese co-worker who is a car nut. He had the 2.0L turbo model. He's sure it was made. BUT, as nothing has been proven, I am going to believe it was made until proven otherwise to me. Nothing on Japanese sites either, which bothers me.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Whats up guys. I have an Idea

Since we have a debate on If Honda did or did not release an car why don't we gather all the "I heard" or "Rumors" and Slap it in a Certified Letter to Honda relations in USA and JAPAN and Mail it to them.

We all know the Net was not that Hot in the 80s and If you had a product from the 80s what make you think you going to spend time and money to upload old Data of cars that has been discontinued? you understand where I am coming from?

These questions we all have may have been Top secret documents, Secret weapons for the competitors. Maybe all the 80s stuff went to an auction in Japan and that is how it got into consumer's hand? Who knows?

Let's write them down and send it to USA and JAPAN from the LEGEND BOARD. Maybe someone will talk.

Calling them may or not be helpful I feel but it is worth a shot. Lets do both!

·
Registered
6 Posts
^^^ Here are the specs for the turbo Legend. Can anyone covert the specs?
The Wing Turbo V6 produces 142 kW JIS net at 6000 rpm and a maximum torque of 241 N·m at 3500, which are superior to those of the naturally aspirated 2.7-liter version that powers senior (and U.S.) Legend models which are by the Japanese ratings 134 kW and 226 N·m, respectively. If there is any penalty in the Wing Turbo installation, it is probably an added weight; about 40 kg over the straight-forward two-liter V6.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.