Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow Legend owners, I call for an immediate ban of anything associated with Paypal. :mad:
On the morning of May 1st, I wake up to see that somehow, someway, someone has accessed my account and attempted to purchase $1400+ worth of computer equipment and ship it to Yugoslavia. Luckily I caught it and emailed the retailer at once stating that my account was comprimised and it wasn't I who had orderd the goods as I am in Japan and not Yugoslavia.
So you think, case closed, password changed and money was refunded right? Wrong!
I get the money refunded, but paypal decides to resrict my account. When your acct is restricted you can only receive money, but you can't send money or transfer it to your account. So to alleviate the situation as per paypal's instructions, I fax a copy of my driver's license, military id, phone bill, credit card statement, and bank statement. This is still not enough! My account is still restricted. Ive called these people at least 15 times long distance from Japan and to this day, a month and half later I still get the "Our appeals department is reviewing your paperwork and will get back to you."

I have $1800 sitting in my paypal account and no way to get at it.
I SWEAR TO GOD THE SECOND MY ACCOUNT IS UN-RESTRICTED, MY FUNDS ARE GETTING TRANSFERRED AND MY ACCOUNT WILL BE CLOSED DOWN AT ONCE!
I've never dealt with a bunch of imcompetent TOOLS in my life!!
I'm calling for an all-out ban of paypal!!!

Sorry for the long post, I just had to vent. :mad:
I think Im gonna go out tomorrow and shoot somebody :mad:

[with my new paintball gun ofcourse :D ]

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
That sux Darren. There was a post about 2 months ago which informed us of the PayPal woes. My suggestion is to get your lawyer to write a letter to them stating you want the money deposited into your account and your membership cancelled.

By the way, how do I cancel my membership?

·
Registered
702 Posts
sorry to hear that man, i have never used paypal and never will because i don't trust that kind of service. only way i'll ever pay anything is directly to whomever i'm purchasing from, no third party. hope you get it worked out and definitely keep calling those fools.

btw, that is one sweet looking paint ball gun!

·
Registered
447 Posts
how do i close my account?

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Man Darren,

That just S*cks. Hope you get everything resolve.

When I saw this link about PayPal awhile back I quickly closed my account with them, I suggest everyone does the same.

http://www.paypalwarning.com

·
Registered
310 Posts
u know the reason paypal can only let you receive money? cause the more you receive money, the more they hold it and take it from you...

just my reasoning

quit PAYPAL ASAP

G

·
That's terrible Darren, good luck and I hope that everything gets resolved as quickly as possible. And that is a sweet ass paintball gun!!!!!!!! :D

·
2,873 Posts
**** that sucks darren, makes me worry about whether or not PayPal is really safe or not givne the fact that your acct may have been hacked.

BTW: Is that an autococker darren?

[/B][/QUOTE]

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Dang, I'm gonna go check/maybe shut down my account....I dunno Darren...Might wanna be careful, that would suck if tomorrow or something, you were framed for a shooting somewhere and they found this post.:eek: :p

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Matt Whelan said:
Dang, I'm gonna go check/maybe shut down my account....I dunno Darren...Might wanna be careful, that would suck if tomorrow or something, you were framed for a shooting somewhere and they found this post.:eek: :p
Guess I should have clarified that I was going to THE PAINTBALL FIELD to LEGALLY shoot someone.

Jon, that's a Smart Parts Nasty Impulse.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts