Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone list the difference between the 96-98 model and the 99+ model? i tried to use search but don't know what to type in to find out. thanks in advance. difference in looks? difference in engine don't matter to me though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
the 99 has TCS (traction control system)...VSA didn't replace TCS until 01 or 02 i think...i'm not sure of specifics, but i read that there were over 300 modifications to the 99 from the 98, but yeah i have heated seats. also there's more real wood dash on mine than previous.

·
Banned
3,371 Posts
RL received...
-new front grille
-new hood
-new front bumper
-fog lamps removed from headlight assembly to lower bumper
-new trunk lid
-new rear tails
-more wood inside

in '02 RL recieved an upgrade in HP/TQ and a sport-tuned suspension

'03-'04 tails changed from the standard r/a/r to r/c/r

in '04 RL Navigation (with voice activation) came standard as well as a smoked wood trim option.

'03-'04 got refreshed gauges going from black with a white backlight to black with a blue backlight.

·
Registered
11 Posts
you can convert the rear just buy a bumper from a 99 and up model and bolt in on the trunk is the same all you need is the license plate holder of a 99 or newer and its done

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.