Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the Type II coupes have the 230hp engine, TCS and power tilt/telescopic steering column, but what else are the differences??

Exterior? Front bumpers are different, anything else?

How about the Interior??

Thanks

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Bumpers are different for models 94-95. Moldings painted on and after 93 I believe, not sure how much they varied in painted moldings by trim. There are numerous things are are different thoughout the years, but it is not directly related to TypeI or TypeII.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The electronic steering wheel didn't come out until '94

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are the bumpers direct replacement?

Since I didn't get my hands on that 95 LS Coupe, I'm thinking about picking up a 92 LS Coupe.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:eek:

That's a pretty bad roll back!!!

I actually did look at that ad, but the car lot that it's from doesn't have a very good reputation.

How did you find out that it had been rolled back??

Thanks for the advice!!!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I know... its brutal roll back.

I called budy, and asked him to tell me about it.... not a very convincing bunch of people.

Hows the car--"It is in pretty good shape"
hows the leather "it pretty good"
how is the body "pretty good"
how are the tires "pretty good"
how does it run "pretty good"

I think it was in an accident becasue it needed a wheel alignment he said. Also, he said the passenger door would not open or something.

I got kinda suspicious when he said he had absolutely no records for it... and when I asked him for the VIN number, he did not fax it to me. I phoned a week later and asked another fellow that worked there, and he gave it to me.
\
I got him to also give me the names and numbers of the Acura Dealerships in town and he did.

So I phoned each and everyone of them, and asked for the vehicle repair history by giving him the serial number. I threw out all the info I got, but the last dealer I phoned had the car in in the fall of '01 some time with 296 000km on it for an oil change or something!!

So I figured, since he says it has 120 000 km on it that it was driven another 20 000km until now, and then rolled back like 200 000km.

When I phoned them and confronted them with it, they said they would still try and sell it for what it was sellling for. I said the car is worth no more then $10 000, and he said, "well, thats how we got it on, and that is how we are going to sell"

He said that he would have to sell the vehicle with unknown mileage, but was still asking the same price. I said "man, you are F$#king crazy!" and I hung up.... that was the end of that BS.

So then I found my six speed in Edmonton 3 weeks ago, and I will never shop for a car again..:)

·
OLD SKOOL P*MP
235 Posts
hey dai ...

are u still getting that 95 ls coupe ... i noticed that they reduced the price by a grand ... i decided not to get it but spend the time and money on my 91 coupe instead ... i remembered that u had next dibs on the ride after the guy that put down the deposit ...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Unfortunately the white 95 LS was sold last week.

The ad is still up though.

I checked the buy & sell today and i saw that the same dealership has a 92 LS Coupe (auto) with 112,000kms, 1 accident ($2200 in '96)

So, i rush down afterwork and what do I see??
Some guy driving off with it!!! :mad: :mad:

Oh well........what else can I say?? NEXT!!!

:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts