Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay guys here's the deal with my transmission. I have a 91 Acura Legend. I can't find a differential. I've tried 3 acura dealer ships within the surrounding 2 states, Lujacks-a local Honda dealership, Autozone, Advanceparts, and Big A. Big A told me that the differential came w/ the tranny and I could only get it that way. bummer. I asked specifically to make sure. They called Acura, called me back and said yeah it comes w/ the tranny, it's inside it. I not seeing a differential on a front wheel drive car before thought maybe but my buddy who helped me change the engine about 1200 miles back said it wwas external. Tranny comes, I have the engine on a hydralic lift and the mechanic helping me change it says theres no differential here.
I called big A- They called Acura back and said me car is all wheel drive. HA. made me laugh. They tried telling big A that some acura legends come all wheel drive??? I looked closer and seen I have independent rear suspension, fwd only. After argueing that it was a fwd acura w/ an external differential thewy said they'de return the tranny. Now I'm stuck looking for a differential again:eek: . So 2 questions? Anyone have a AWD legend? and Where in the hell do I get a differential? Maybe I'll just take it to the tranny shop and let them rebuild the whole thing, both tranny and differential.
Lesson for ya'll when doing an engine swap, make sure you know to put 80- 90 gear oil in the differential. Hell I was just swapping parts:rolleyes:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Leon Millette said:
no awd as far as I know.

tell those guys to pass me some of what they were sipping on....;) :confused: :rolleyes:
Yea!! Pass some to me too - 'cause it must be real good!!!!

There is no such thing as a AWD US spec. Legend.

Can't speak for Japan or the rest of the world.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
try Pacific Engine Importers in Atlanta, they import engines and trannies from Japan....I bought a used tranny from them and they offered the differential for an additional $150 (which I declined), so my guess is they have some differentials around or can get one....they ship anywhere and take VISA and Mastercard....
The differential is external and on passenger side.

·
FIXER
1,717 Posts
The differential is not part of the transmission on Gen 2 Legend.
Check www.eaststreet.com
They have 20 differentials in stock @ $150
Located in Memphis, Tn. I am not assoiated with them, just trying to help out.

Jetdoc

Attachments

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
replace the main seal if you are doing any replacement of differential. They eventually leak and is expensive to replace (labor), but the seal is only about $8-10.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
diff ordered thanks for the #.
This place has everything. I found headlight assembly's for my 93 probe their as well for $125.00 eash for the flip motor and all. All other junk yards wanted $150.00 the lowest I found Anywhere for the assemblies-buckets included w/o motor. SO they are very cheap.---Quality I'll update ya'll on in about a week

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
differential was complete and in good condition. No problems as of yet sorry for the late update. Just moved in and don't have a computer.
Also if anyone has the underflap on the passenger side of the wheel weel please call me at 563-579-6732 I need a black one. I also need antenna mast. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts