Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a sony digital camcorder and I was wondering what the best way to connect the camcorder to my computer so i can copy clips (or all of) what i taped, i have some video footage that i want to put on my computer. any ideas?

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
The best is what I just picked up for a fellow "ex" Legender. It is a dazzle. It goes from Fire-Wire (standard on most sony digital cameras/camcorders) to usb. You can get it for PC or Mac. They cost right at $300. You could also get a video card installed in your computer that has video input. You will also need a sound card with audio input. Some video cards have both. I recomend RCA connections because they are aslo common on camcorders. With all this you will still need some editing software. It comes with the Dazzle. I hope this helps. If you need any parts, just let me know!
Later!
Lee

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
If your computer has firewire, than that is by far the best way. If not, than you have to do the coversion way as stated above, or buy a video card that has firewire inputs. Most of the newer computers now days came with firewire though.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Daamn, see I don't have that much use for it right now to go out and buy the $300 part and software and stuff....but is there any place you guys know of that I can take the Camcorder tape to and have it put on a CD or any other format??? Like any store that will transfer the stuff for ya???

·
Registered
1,590 Posts

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
Leon Millette said:
speaking of which...do we have the stuff to fearless Chris, Lee?

95legend6spd that is
It is in my trunk right now. I am taking it to get the shipping prices in a minute! He will have it this week! This one was for a Mac. It was $299 before tax, and it came with some pretty good software.
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
50 Posts
Does your Sony camcorder have a firewire port? If so just go get a PCI firewaire card. Should not pay more than $50. Then go get's some software or use thye stuff you camera came with (if it did). You may also be able to use freeware software.

-AJ

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.