Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
I haven't had a problem at all. I will say that you may notice a reduction in mileage. This mod = slight reduction in mileage WITH A HUGE INCREASE IN PERFORMANCE. It is wise to have an intake and exhaust with the stage II.

KNLNGUS

·
Registered
744 Posts
Roger - first of all everybody... you do not need to have an intake and exhaust to instal a Stage I or II chip.

I do not know anyone with a Stage I - but I will say this - with a Stage II chip

RPMs above 4.5 there is a difference in feel (quicker revving, acceleration) - AND irregardless, the RPM rev limiter increased by 1.5k and 1.7k rpms.

I did race a guy with a 6 speed after I told him I was chip'd w/ intake and exhaust and I slapped him silly. Our shift points were different and I was breathing better.

The reason why I say you can run your engine (just fine) w/o intake or exhaust is because someone stole my remus a short while back. I then ordered one from kctrends and it arrived this past friday - however - I am having fitment problems (but thats a whole nuther story).

My neighbor wanted to feel the acceleration difference with my hyper intake and then he enjoyed it so much he begged me to keep it. I did (for a price) and put my stock intake on and ordered a dragon.

KNLNGUS

Kasteman, other than finding a bayou chip (formerly dinan) yes Pure Performance Products, LLC is the ONLY place to get the chip. You have heard alot of good and bad points concerning PPP and some are true and some are not. If you will like a short story and entails the real truth... read through some of my posts or feel free to PM me for my work number and I will explain it to you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Can anyone post actual Bayou documents that show torque and hp curves between their Stage I and Stage II while useing the same car? I can't find anything on their web site that shows proof positive ones better than the other.

Thanks,

gd

·
Registered
82 Posts
Looking at power curves for a chip won't be that helpful because it is totally dependent upon your engine and what mods you have. You will not get huge power increases from ANY chip. More airflow and fuel is what makes more power. The chip does some nice things like alter the rev limiter, change shift points, advances timing, and increases injector duty cycle. The increased duty cycle will allow sufficient fuel to be supplied to the engine when you increase airflow via intakes, exhaust, whatever. If you didn't have it you would probably run lean or need to upgrade parts of your fuel system. I think the chip is a worthwhile investment and will support your future upgrades up to a point. It is a good starting place. I got Mine from Willie and had no problems with the ECU or his service.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I worked at a BMW shop for 1 1/2 years and we were a Dinan dealer. I'd say most of the mods are definately not worth the money-- like the comp. mods that are downloaded(something like $300-400?), intake(cold air $400), exhausts-$1000?. I guess its because they don't void warranties that its all so expensive. Supercharging M3s is the only extremely powerful and fun mod but that came out to like $9500 with labor. Anyway, somebody tell me if the Dinan/Bayou stage II is really worth anything. I heard they sucked at trying to modify Honda/Acuras. How much is this chip anyway- I haven't even looked.

·
Registered
125 Posts
thanks infinite
I'm about to get my 90k service I was thinking about asking my mechanic to bump the timing up 1 or 2 degrees unless he tells me i'm retarded-- Is the timing completely controlled by the computer? or when your in there can you just adjust the cam gears --- hell i'm use to old cars where you just bust out the timing light
What do you know about that JET Perforrmance module (advances ignition curve and messes with fuel ,etc) Waste of money probably huh?

G

·
Do you guys think that the performance increase is going to be the same with an Automatic as it is with a Manual? Our redline is basically only raised 200RPM since we can't reach the rev limiter unless we manually want to shift the car.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
Do you guys think that the performance increase is going to be the same with an Automatic as it is with a Manual? Our redline is basically only raised 200RPM since we can't reach the rev limiter unless we manually want to shift the car.
Yeah, good question. Raising redline won't do a huge amount of good anyway since our power curve drops off that high up the powerband.

Trippleblack: The only dyno tested computer is the Bayou chip. I think we had a some people a long time back say Jet was crap. If you have intake and exhaust on your legend and have $400 burning a hole in your pocket, then go for the bayou chip. It is tough to get the legend fast and the aftermarket is so damn limited for us we have take what we can get.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.