Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Five- O
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK these are some pics that I took last year before our first meet at the park

Take the Palisades parkway north. You can either take it off the GW bridge or thru Westchester off the NYS thruway I-87 (cross the Tappen zee bridge).

Follow the Parkway north to the end (the bear Mt circle) don't get off at the exit which says Bear MT. It's easier if you go to the end, to the circle.

Here's a pic of the end of the parkway- at the circle.

After the yield sign at the circle stay on your right and get off the first right. You will see a sign on your left - BEAR MOUNTAIN STATE PARK- here's the sign

Stay on that road. Don't take the first driveway- That's the Bear MT INN. Keep going straight and take your next right. That's the entrance to the parking lot.
Here's a pic of entrance to the lot. That's the booth where u pay the $5.

Go straight after the booth and the parking lot will be infront of u. The BBQ grills will be on your right.
Here's a few more pics of the lot and picnic area

ohh and here's my family spining around on the Merry -go- round:D

I'm doing these driection from memory so I'm going to confirm them this weekend when I go visit my parents who live in Rockland.

ohh I almost forgot- here's my cell phone # 914-589-4585. I'll probably be one of the first ones there so feel free to call if you get lost.
Esti

·
2,879 Posts
Thanks for the post Esti!

For those who are coming from further and are not familar with the general area please go here:

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/...aps&2a=&2c=Bear Mountain&2s=NY&2z=10911&2y=US

From Mapquest enter your DEPARTING ADDRESS (i.e. home, work etc) and you should get instructions on how to get to the park.

If there are any further questions please feel free to email Esti or me and we can help you out.

More pics will be posted of the area if I get around to it.

-Jon

·
Registered
91 Posts
ok, i'm confused, which meet is this? the Apr.6th one?

·
Registered
91 Posts
yo legendz_4_life...........u're comin all the way up from GA?? i dunno if i understood that right, haha. if u are, that is alot of legend love i must say:)

·
2,879 Posts
Leon,

If you are planning to goto this meet, (which I would be very pleased) you can stay at the hotel at the Bear Mountain Inn. Don't know how much the rates are. Check here:

http://www.hudsonriver.com/bearmtn.htm

LeGeNdZ_4_LiFe said:

yes
I am even entertaining this one....how long will it take me?
Will I have problems w/ the police if I roll all my windows down?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
leon,
if u'r planning on comin, it'll take you about 14 hours non stop. i used to make the trip from fulton county. just watch out for cops in south carolina.
-j

·
Registered
100 Posts
Damn, 4-Life is coming all the way from GA?! MAN! NOW I REALLY WANT TO GO UP! I HAVE TO GET MY CAR OUT OF THE SHOP IN TIME!

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
xenonk said:
Damn, 4-Life is coming all the way from GA?! MAN! NOW I REALLY WANT TO GO UP! I HAVE TO GET MY CAR OUT OF THE SHOP IN TIME!
Hey kids,
I'm DEFINITELY going up.
If Legend4Life is coming up, and wants to make it in time, bro, you can stay at my house on the way up , I have Thur-Fri-Saturdays off....

Of course, I have to work Sunday, so I HAVE TO leave that Saturday to come back, so it'll suck to go up there to drive all the way back, but you can sleep at my crib that Sunday and drive back from my crib to your spot......

Just ideas.
-Jose

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
I would love to come out there that weekend...I just hope work permits...
Jose, thanx for the hookup, and to all of you. I just love those pix from last time...I want to be a part of it...let me see if I can make it happen...it would be great to have you guys come down April 20th, too!

I will let you know for sure!
Thanks for all the info and love guys!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Jose,
if you are definite of going up, I can come back with you on Saturday afternoon then, we can dual-drive back to MD. I have some stuff to do on Saturday too, i dont want to get all caught up coming home Sunday afternoon. It's a 4 hour+ drive for us right? When do you plan to leave for the meet?

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
xenonk said:
Jose,
if you are definite of going up, I can come back with you on Saturday afternoon then, we can dual-drive back to MD. I have some stuff to do on Saturday too, i dont want to get all caught up coming home Sunday afternoon. It's a 4 hour+ drive for us right? When do you plan to leave for the meet?
I'd love to go super early in the morning.
I'll have to sleep really well the day before. ;)

·
Registered
734 Posts
..it would be great to have you guys come down April 20th, too!

I will let you know for sure!
Thanks for all the info and love guys! [/B]

Leon, is there any possibility that there will be another big meet in ATL during the summer? The job won't let me get away on the 20th. I'm trying to save the Slick .......I meant sick leave for the Niagra Falls meet... The wife and i are really looking forward to coming down there to meet you guys.......... Holla Back

·
Registered
867 Posts
damn could have been the first meet i went to but that weekend im busy with exams

are there any meets in nyc area?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Jiggy89LS said:
damn could have been the first meet i went to but that weekend im busy with exams

are there any meets in nyc area?
Your missing a good meet :rolleyes:

Even though most of us in the tri-state area are close to NYC (Queens, Bronx, Brooklyn) or just outside in the surburbs (NJ, Long Island, Westchester), most of the meets are in NJ or upstate. More room, open roads and less traffic jams....

The next meet close to NYC would be the Park Ave. meet.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
the largest meet is probably NOPI...you DON'T WANT TO MISS THAT!!

Last year my car got a piece on Speedvision (thanks to the Street Tour)..but hey, it was still on TV ;)

WE do have meets kind of often...but I mean, people are coming to NOPI from LA, DC, MD, NY, FL, SC....why miss that??? LOl

I hope you guys ALL come down

1 - 16 of 16 Posts