Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seriously considering disabling the "attach file" function. It takes up major bandwidth. I am seeing how the Acura CL and Acura TL forums are struggling with bandwidth prices and I'm thinking disabling this function ahead of time(which they didn't do or havn't done yet) to prevent problems in the future...They have each been around for a few years. I guess for some(Not very many use the function so it may only be vital to few) this may be hard to swallow at first but we will grow used to it.

The "attach file" function is somewhat pointless...Sure it is convenient but it just takes up a lot of space. Of course I will still leave the IMG tags so we can link pics...People will just have to use imagestation or some other free picture hosting site, which isn't that much trouble to upload pics from your computer to.

I need to know what your opinions on this are. If and when I disable it, all pics that were attached prior to the disablement(may not be a word:)) will still exist and not be deleted.

Anyways, I need your opinions...Thankyou.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
i agree

what we should also do is, if someone needs some pictures hosted and someone else has like a place where they can upload stuff freely and link it, it'd be the best way to do it (basically linking people w/ the access and the want to help others, with people that do not have access to webspace, or something of the sort)...

I've hosted pics for someone selling his car before, and I did it freely, it doesnt bother me at all. It's not like it's bothering me. It'd be tight to see most other people do the same.

-Jose

·
Premium Member
9,167 Posts
I also agree,

I wouldn't want the forums to get shut down because of the cost, eliminate the attachments, keep the img tag, It's not that big of a pain in the butt. Keep your costs low, we'll all still be here :D

G

·
vince said:
Another option would be to allow the attachment of files, but make people click on them to see them. See www.acuraworld.com/forums .

Just another thing to consider.
That wouldn't help because the pictures would still be taking up bandwith. Just disable attachments. It's not hard to find a place where you can host your pictures for free. If need be someone can just link to the imagestation address or something if the pictures aren't showing up.

·
LEGEND
904 Posts
sounds good to me man :) although i'm 100% in favor of this decision, i'm happy that you took the time to let us know in advance and hear us out, nice to know u care bro, good lookin out :)

·
Registered
397 Posts
We gotta do, what we gotta do! So I am cutting out sig pics and avatars to conserve bandwidth. I hope others will do the same in efforts to keep our home a happy one :) .

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
pYmpdaddi said:
We gotta do, what we gotta do! So I am cutting out sig pics and avatars to conserve bandwidth. I hope others will do the same in efforts to keep our home a happy one :) .
Hosting a sig pic on another site and linking it here (which is how everyone is supposed to do it) takes up no bandwidth, besides the text used in the

·
Registered
397 Posts
Well then if that's the case...

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ya, but we don't want the less fortunate to have to wait forever for the page to load...So change that if you don't mind. Thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.