Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just today I was over my friends house playing basketball, and he pointed out his new 94 Ford Probe GT (5 Speed). He claimed the car is quick and would whoop the Legend's a$$. I laughed at him when he said it, but the 2 other people that were there agreed with him! They all thought his new car could take my 91 L Sedan (Automatic). I sat there and argued for a few minutes untill I heard someone say "The Legend is slow as sh*t!"

That was it. It was on. We left the basketball courts and took off to a road in the middle of nowhere, and pulled up next to each other. There was one other person in each car. Both thought the Probe was gonna whip my a$$! I kept laughing...

Being a manual vs an automatic, he had a nice sounding peel out when we both took off but after that it was all over. 0-60 it was close with me leading by a half a car length, but once we hit 60 I was gone. I kept it floored untill i saw him flash his brights in my mirror. So I slowed down and he pulled up next to me again, he was whining about a bad start or something so we agreed to go at it again.

After 4 losses in a row he finally admitted he was really impressed and said he was surprised how fast the Legend was. Then he asked if he could drive it :D

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
LoL

Haha, nice kill man. And to think I almost bought a Probe before my Legend Coupe! LoL.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
SUCKA!!!!!

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
I had a similar race along time ago in Jas in a V6 probe...last model year.

We took it on a closed circuit course from 0-60, 60-100, and 0-120.
Guess who won?
He was shocled...he had a stick too :D
He talked alot of smack, and had to go home to his boys with his tail wagging. BTW, this was TYPE I, CHROME ENKEI'S and otherwise STOCK. :D

·
Registered
447 Posts
blah.. im sooooo not a probe fan.. i guess not much of a ford fan either.. thats great though.. probes are ugly :)

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
How do you a Launch an Auto properly? Brake? Hold the Brake and rev the engine to what? 2k? We didn't race much, but my co-worker and I lined up, he has a 1999 Altima, with intake, exhaust. His is also auto, his wheels spun like crazy when he Launched, he said he just held the brake, hell my wheels didn't spin at all and I had TCS off, lol... he killed me at the Launch, I started to catch up, but we ran out of room, it was a short.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Haha. Another GT Probe bites the dust. I beat my friends GT Probe (Automatic). He had intake and exaust too, while I was/am stock except for the rims and mine is an automatic too. My friends were telling me I wouldn't win either. So I had to show em. Now he sold the probe for a civic hatch('94) and is planning a GSR engine swap and later turbo(so he says). Have to wait till the summers over to see.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good Question

FutureX 2001 said:
How do you a Launch an Auto properly? Brake? Hold the Brake and rev the engine to what? 2k? We didn't race much, but my co-worker and I lined up, he has a 1999 Altima, with intake, exhaust. His is also auto, his wheels spun like crazy when he Launched, he said he just held the brake, hell my wheels didn't spin at all and I had TCS off, lol... he killed me at the Launch, I started to catch up, but we ran out of room, it was a short.
Actually, I just put it in D3 and floored it. I didnt get any wheel spin but I wasn't sure what would get me a better launch.

So does that method work better? How exactly do you do it? Keep your foot on the brake and at the same time rev the engine to about 2k rpms? Will that damage anything on the car?:confused: :eek:

Wil that damage anything on the car?

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
By doing that you are stressing the engine and the drivetrain as well as heating up the transmission fluid. So no, it's not good to do often. Occasionally will in time add increased wear but that's the price you may want to pay :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts