Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have any experience with a loose rotor? my car has a vibraton at idle and i think its missing. i can wiggle my rotor bearly, like 12:00 to 12:01, my haynes manual says if there is any play in the rotor to replace the distributor, but is there supposed to be ABSOLOUTLY no movement what-so-ever?

I was wondering if it could actually be moving and throwing off my TDC sensor. i tried unplugging the TDC sensor but there was no change in idle at all. just threw a ecu code.

also, anyone know where i can get a cheap good distributor? ebay has some that claim to be run tested... but why would you pull a distributor off a good engine? they usually sell the engines with it. and even if it does work, how can i be assured it works good? my local junk yards get a legend like once every couple months and its stripped almost instantly :(

· Registered
821 Posts
I just changed my distro a week ago, did some research before doing so of course. From what I've heard the aftermarket distributors out there are garbage. I just used the one from my parts car anyway and I couldn't be happier. As far as I know distributors are not usually a problem on these cars, my tdc sensor took a dive after some bumpy offroading lol.

My advice? JUNKYARD!

· Registered
8 Posts
Some play is normal from what i've seen. The Seal around the outer gear would be more worry i think. As it blocks the oil from leaking and intering it. I would check your timing marks on crank compared to to cam marks. Also I have a distributor for it, make me a offer if you need it.

· Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i already ordered a new distributor to see if it would help at all, i already checked my timing belt, everything is perfect up to the tooth

· Registered
4,259 Posts
cigarettcancerman said:
anyone have any experience with a loose rotor? my car has a vibraton at idle and i think its missing. i can wiggle my rotor bearly, like 12:00 to 12:01, my haynes manual says if there is any play in the rotor to replace the distributor, but is there supposed to be ABSOLOUTLY no movement what-so-ever?

I was wondering if it could actually be moving and throwing off my TDC sensor. i tried unplugging the TDC sensor but there was no change in idle at all. just threw a ecu code.

also, anyone know where i can get a cheap good distributor? ebay has some that claim to be run tested... but why would you pull a distributor off a good engine? they usually sell the engines with it. and even if it does work, how can i be assured it works good? my local junk yards get a legend like once every couple months and its stripped almost instantly :(
Out of curiusity, went out and checked this 2day... and yes my distributor has a very slight play but does not experience idle vibration, also, did not noticed any difference as far as engine performance is concern. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.