Acura Legend Forum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Mike Diaz said:
Not sure. It's definitely not being hosted anymore. Let me find the pic.
thanks mike!

·
94 6MT KA7_8
208 Posts
here's a diagram of how i wired up my JDMs (thanks to train for his info), as u can tell this is the correct method to wire the highs and lows so one or the other is switched on (not both), if u're unsure about which USDM wire is which, just connect them to the relays and u'll find out if u got it right when u switch ur lights on.. hope this helps:

·
94 6MT KA7_8
208 Posts
as u can tell u wired it up so the FOGS turn on when the parking lights turn on, (so i dont forget to turn off my fogs, unless i forget to turn off my lights!) and you can opt to install a switch where i pointed out. the other method is to wire up a switch to the 86 and 85 terminals and switch the FOGS on urself every time.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
here's a diagram of how i wired up my JDMs (thanks to train for his info), as u can tell this is the correct method to wire the highs and lows so one or the other is switched on (not both), if u're unsure about which USDM wire is which, just connect them to the relays and u'll find out if u got it right when u switch ur lights on.. hope this helps:
thanks alot!

·
MAD DOG!
1,662 Posts
hey mike how come in the diagram it says constant on on the parking light wire?? and could i just splice into all the wires before the usdm harnesses so i can just get back to stock later for safety check..sorry about all the questions. and i dont think the HID kit listed above has both high and low function. but only glanced so correct me if im wrong. jdm should be coming in tomorrow. Great DIY

·
Registered
582 Posts
I hope the mods don't mind me adding some additional info to this thread. I figured it would be helpful to someone. I wasn't aware this was even a possibility. I took this from a thread that I started.

WORD TO THE WISE: If you ever plan on doing the mod yourself, do not buy your relays from Oreilly's Autoparts. Although they are 5-pin SPDT relays (Single Pole, Double Throw), they are NOT the correct ones that you need. The correct ones have pins for 30, 85, 86, 87, and 87a. The relays from Oreily's are 30, 85, 86, 87, and 87. That "a" makes a HUGE difference and I'll explain the difference below.

I'm 'bout to go into DYI mode:

When you send power (low beam from the car) to the 30, it should send it directly out the 87a (to the low beam wire on the JDM harness), which will be your default setting. And when you activate the high beam wire (from the car), power is sent to the relay coil 85 to shut the low beam filament off and activate the 87 high beam filament (the high beam wire on your JDM harness).

Oreilly's relays:

Since there is no 87a pin on the relay, and just two 87 pins, there is no low beam, or default setting. When you send power to their 85 relay coil, both filaments activate, since there are two 87 pins, prematurely burning up your bulbs and possibly your wiring. Basically, when you turn your lights on, you have no low beams at all, but you flick the switch and you have lows and highs coming on at the same time. That's not suppose to happen. You're only suppose to have one filament come on at a time.

It took me 3 days of anger, frustration, trial, and error to finally figure out that it wasn't my wiring that was wrong, it's just that I had bought 4 brand new pieces of "caca el toro." That's "bullsh*t" for those who don't speak Spanish. Your best bet is to get some Bosch or Bosch-style relays from ebay. and make sure you look for the 87a. I hope this helped or helps someone out so you have to endure what I endured. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Being that I'm somewhat of an expert at these things now, I may be able to help you out if you don't understand something.

Daryll

·
MAD DOG!
1,662 Posts
is anything wrong if i just hooked the parking light wire directly from the corner to a fog? or is it that i need the relay cuz the wires wattage isnt enough to support the fogs? i was thinking just one parking corner for each fog.

·
94 6MT KA7_8
208 Posts
follow the wires thru the usdm connector that goes into the usdm light housing to find which pos goes to which, otherwise just hook up the wires to the relay anyways and u'll find out if u got it right or not.. when i hooked up my wires i got one side right n the other side wrong, then fixed it

·
MAD DOG!
1,662 Posts
just finished today... and if you plan on keeping the blinker in the corner you have to cut off the socket from the parking light corner and solder it on to the blinker corner light... just my two cents after about 10 mins of wondering why the stupid bulb wasnt going into the corner socket. is it just my bulbs or is everyone elses fog lights way brighter than the h4h low beem. YOU GUYS ARE THE BOMB!!!

·
Registered
582 Posts
hey for the diagram it says usdm hi low drving how do i know which one is high and which is low? their both the same
Damn! Did you bother reading the FIRST page? :headscrat :no: The very first post is the entire wiring setup itself. It has it written out in plain English. I didn't even use the the diagram. Just follow the WRITTEN instructions and you'll be fine.

Daryll

·
Registered
582 Posts
just finished today... and if you plan on keeping the blinker in the corner you have to cut off the socket from the parking light corner and solder it on to the blinker corner light... just my two cents after about 10 mins of wondering why the stupid bulb wasnt going into the corner socket. is it just my bulbs or is everyone elses fog lights way brighter than the h4h low beem. YOU GUYS ARE THE BOMB!!!
Dude, I don't know where you got your info from, but you're mistaken. Both the corner and blinker socket take bulb #168. I know because I connected each one before I mounted my headlights. You just wasted 10 minutes of your time and a perfectly good socket. I chose not to use my corner blinker and will tap into those wires to wire up my side markers.

Daryll

·
MAD DOG!
1,662 Posts
that plastic thing that holds the bulb inside of the housing wont fit inside of the socket.... the parking light only has three knotches and the corner blinker has four. if u want the blinker in the corner instead of the parking light you have to switch the two which is easier than modifying them. not a lot of people are getting side markers. just an alternative for people without side markers like me.

get the relays at a car audio place... got three with female connectors for 15 bucks... radioshack wanted to charge me 15 for one. most car audio place you can bargain

21 - 40 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.