Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Lov*n' My Legend
173 Posts
well a while back I made my own diy with pics.. but the doc is around 5 megs just because it has a desent amount of pictures in it... if I can find some way to upload it somewhere and host it.. I could let ya have it.. right now at my college they have me firewalled out the waaaazoo. i'll get back to ya if i can figure out a way to host it ..

EDIT:: ohhhh i got it on my home server. here's the link.. http://phireant.ath.cx/airfilter/cabin_air_filter.doc

·
Lov*n' My Legend
173 Posts
welll i just edited my message, and i dont' know how the others look and i dont know where they are.. i just know i've done one.. and i know it has a lot of nice pics that you can see how to do... it's only 5 megs.. and i'm pretty sure that ftp will upload around 30-40 kb/s soo do what ever you want.

·
Banned
618 Posts
Whats a "Cabin Filter"??? where is it located? when should it be changed?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks alot for the pics. I got em on my hard drive saved. Wow, look at all that crap accumulated in the filter! You sure any critters didn't fall out also lol. Must be a whole lot better air flow to the cabin with all the junk cleaned out. I'm planning on Lysoling the filter and housing to kill any mold and nasties after vacuuming. Any tools needed to remove the fabric cover on top or was it just using your hands? Yeah, that filter is a joke just cardboard that does zilch to capture pollen or airborne junk and their charging $18 for it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I just did mine. It was real easy.

All you need is a couple of metric sockets and maybe a flat screw driver to pull the fabric clips out. Carefully take out your glovebox and the filter sits right in the middle behind a small metal bracket.

There were some pine needles and dirt in mine which I removed. It made no noticeable change in air flow.

Mike

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
Phireant said:
well a while back I made my own diy with pics.. but the doc is around 5 megs just because it has a desent amount of pictures in it... if I can find some way to upload it somewhere and host it.. I could let ya have it.. right now at my college they have me firewalled out the waaaazoo. i'll get back to ya if i can figure out a way to host it ..

EDIT:: ohhhh i got it on my home server. here's the link.. ftp://acura:[email protected]
Excellent info !!! That DIY being moved into the DIY forum. I will do that ASAP. Thank you for your great write-up :bowdown: -Mike

·
Lov*n' My Legend
173 Posts
Well i guess it can help however wants it.. I've already had 14 people download it.. not that that is huge or anything.. but i'm glad i might of been able to help someone out.. enjoy.. and take care

·
Banned
618 Posts
:bowdown:

Nice Tutorial, i was able to download it and print it out. I will do that cabin filter this saturday.

Thanks for your help too Mike on this thread! Excellent pics as well!

:bowdown:

Does the cabin filter need to be replaced with a new OEM one ? or could i just clean it?

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
phan_nam420 said:
Does the cabin filter need to be replaced with a new OEM one ? or could i just clean it?
Hey, thank you for the nice compliment. But the thank belongs to the member 'Phireant'. ;)

That depends, how dirty your filter is. Usually you can clean it. If you notice that you are not able to clean that (thru more persistent dirt), then it would be better to buy a new one. Especially then, when your filter has never been changed. Just bc the changing the filter is only within a long period of time. -Mike

·
Registered
152 Posts
The link for the tutorial doesnt work anymore... :( can you fix it? Thanks.

·
Banned
618 Posts
Acurately Legendery said:
The link for the tutorial doesnt work anymore... :( can you fix it? Thanks.
I just did my cabin filter a while back when i did my passenger air bag. I could direct you to how to remove it, its fairly simple le tme know!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Do you have instructions for the G1? Cuz thats what I have.
Thanks, sure let me know.

·
Banned
618 Posts
Acurately Legendery said:
Do you have instructions for the G1? Cuz thats what I have.
Thanks, sure let me know.
I'll try my best, using the g2 i'm not really sure if they are similar or differen't. But i'll get back to you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.