Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MikeD deleted his DIY main relay so I uploaded mine. (why mike :() Anyways, people need this so please move it to the DIY sectoin.

DIY Main Relay Removal -

1. You will have to remove the drivers side lower dash. 3 bolts hold it in place.


Upclose shot of each:





2. With th 3 screws removed brace the lowerdashboard. If you let the dashboard dangle, it might crease just below the ignition hole. There is a clip above the ignition that must be wiggled free. It should go faily easy.

3. With the lower dashboard removed, you will find the main relay on the left side. It's the only black box in the area. It has "relay assembly"(something like that) written on it.



4. To remove the relay, remove the 2 bolts and unclip the harness.

Sadly, MikeD removed a lot of valuable information on how to repair the relay itself. What he did was open it up, and check all the connection. If you see 2 metal contacts no longer touching, use a sodering iron to reastablish the connection.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
From the newbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I am not blind but I guess I'm challenged because I can't find this thing.
The picture is of a 92, I have a 91.
Somebody help this newbeeeeeeeeeeee, who's just looking for help and not to get ripped off by the dealer.
Thanks ( to all the understanding oldtimers out there!)
 

· Looking for Blk/Bk GS6MT
Joined
·
1,354 Posts
Ballistic said:
MikeD deleted his DIY main relay so I uploaded mine. (why mike :()
Today is a sad day. Many members of this forum have benefited greatly from Mikes DIY's. Its too bad he has lost the spirit of this forum. I am working on getting a digital camera, so I will make as many as I can.

I'll ask again, why mike? :(
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,491 Posts
scotty d said:
From the newbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I am not blind but I guess I'm challenged because I can't find this thing.
The picture is of a 92, I have a 91.
Somebody help this newbeeeeeeeeeeee, who's just looking for help and not to get ripped off by the dealer.
Thanks ( to all the understanding oldtimers out there!)
91 and 92 are the same. Do you have a camera? Take your lower dash off and snap a pic and post it so that we can see what you're not seeing.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
438 Posts
scotty d said:
From the newbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I am not blind but I guess I'm challenged because I can't find this thing.
The picture is of a 92, I have a 91.
Somebody help this newbeeeeeeeeeeee, who's just looking for help and not to get ripped off by the dealer.
Thanks ( to all the understanding oldtimers out there!)
You do see that the pictures Ballistic posted shows it between the drivers side door and the steering collumn (you can just see part of each on the edge of the picture) almost exactly behind the cover that you removed to remove the one screw that was hidden?
 

· I like shiny
Joined
·
14,445 Posts
WAIT a minute.

There is a screw behind that black panel? Right above the main relay?

When I did my relay there was no screw there-wait, holy crap. It's been sagging ever since my alarm was installed. I bet they forgot the screw. I think I'll be able to take care of one of my rattles!!! :giggle:

Now I just gotta find a screw that fits.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
scotty d - if you can't find it, it's missing. Your car acting really funny?

mondonalds - The more DIY's the better :) I'm starting to get over it though. If the heads around here don't take the time to organize all this valuable information, whats the point of posting a DIY that'll just get lost. I got DIY radiator, compressor, cat, but there's just no point anymore. 75%-90% of all useful information was deleted when MikeD left :( This place has turned into a social lounge instead of a car community. (lol that turned into a rant)
 

· Looking for Blk/Bk GS6MT
Joined
·
1,354 Posts
Ballistic said:
scotty d - if you can't find it, it's missing. Your car acting really funny?

mondonalds - The more DIY's the better :) I'm starting to get over it though. If the heads around here don't take the time to organize all this valuable information, whats the point of posting a DIY that'll just get lost. I got DIY radiator, compressor, cat, but there's just no point anymore. 75%-90% of all useful information was deleted when MikeD left :( This place has turned into a social lounge instead of a car community. (lol that turned into a rant)
I just cant believe MikeD deleted all the posts. Maybe a few people offended him, but most of us really appreciated his help.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
438 Posts
LegendGS said:
MikeD did not delete his posts. His account was compromised and someone deleted about 2,400 of MikeD's posts.

** Moved to DIY **
That's a relief to hear, I was begining to think maybe he was a d!ck like a few people were saying. :( I thought I was a better judge of character than that... :D
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top