Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm replacing my oil pan gasket on thursday and I need procedures. Do I need new exhaust gasket for down pipe? etc etc etc. I need ASAP to look over. Oh, and I have 2.5 (but should be basically same thing).

·
Registered
293 Posts
You can replace the 2 exhaust gaskets but I didn't. However, one thing to definitely replace is the self-locking bolts that hold the exhaust manifold up. When you unscrew them, they strip themselves - never seen anything like it. I reused mine since I didn't have replacements and all seems fine but would definitely replace.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I probably should have said self locking "nuts" (rather than bolts). Dealer will know what you need. 6 of them.

The cross member (has hook in front) is not supporting anything. Just comes off. There is nothing that needs supporting to remove the pan. The rubber mount is attached to the cross member.

I did have to remove a screw and loosen screws on the black "half moon" metal cover on the end of the tranny and let it swing out of the way. Just be careful not to get any crud in there.

The exhaust manifold will pull down enough to where you can push it from side to side a few inches - enough to work around.

Relatively straight forward. Alternate your pattern as you tighten the nuts on the pan when reattaching. The Helm manual actually detailed a pattern to tightening them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts