Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what it looks like when I first discovered the issue... cracked tranny housing, you see it? Here is the thread.

As you may all know, we recently had a SoCal'08 Spring Meet; Sunday cruise/canyon runs. All is well 'til we got back onto Mulholland Hwy., in route to Kanan Rd for our final stop point at Islands, in Agoura Hills.

We hit some really nasty DIPs... well, heres the end result :bigcry:

The car seems to be holding up just fine, and for how long :dunno: ...time can only tell :thumbsdow

·
acura-legend.commie
2,498 Posts
shit dude. . . makes me want to check mine just to be safe.

sucks about you being out for NorCal.
i dont wanna go alone :(

·
because i can.
10,163 Posts
Damn Ferjie....thats no good man :sadwavey:

I'd stay out of the G1 until that gets addressed

I think Jonathan mentioned 50% sale coming up soon :(

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
i warned you guys about the hard dip on stunt. but i guess some cars just roll too deep to clear those even at a low speed.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tubadude said:
shit dude. . . makes me want to check mine just to be safe.
You should be fine Austin, your car isn't lowered like mine :D

sam o nela said:
Damn Ferjie....thats no good man, I'd stay out of the G1 until that gets addressed.
Definitely Gabe, thanks... :yes: 50% off this weekend at the junkyards!

dasficktauf said:
i warned you guys about the hard dip.
You sure did Tommy :( ...with my suspension set-up, I just got carried away, it was fun though... but NOT really :bigcry:

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alperovich said:
thats where the trans mounts to the motor?
YES Alex.

bandoni™ said:
omg that looks terrible!!
It sure does Mark... now I'm more worried the torque converter will get compromise :(

legend89chopped said:
Could probably weld that right up.
Yea but the missing chunk is nowhere to be found.

I've done a complete check and it looks as if the ONLY part busted is just the housing... might have to get a replacement from the junkyard :D

·
Registered
473 Posts
this really scares me. i am getting ready to lower my sedan and well you see i live in kansas city, mo. the number 1 worst city roads. according to some study somewhere. believe me i can attest to the fact that our roads f'in suck ass. i'm not sure our city workers actually do anything here. anyways. that really sucks man. i hope you can fix this cheaply. good luck to you.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
this really scares me. i am getting ready to lower my sedan.
^^^ I'd say go for it :thumbsup: ...mine has been slammed for several years now, its just that the car suffered abuse from my teenage boys; especially my eldest son.

I'm sure the tranny housing crack has been there a while and just noticed it two Sundays ago... it'll get address properly, thank you for your concern ;)

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,302 Posts
lol i wonder if you sucked up any birds or rats into the tranny on your way home lol. j/p damn man i cant believe that happened. i think if i lower my sedan, im gonna try to put something to block the tranny. idk, hopefully they have a good one at the junkyard. first time i went to the junkyard, i remember a forklift driver picking up a G1, he push the motor out of the hood.

·
What you crave.
664 Posts
Don't we only have 6 inches of clearance stock? Salt Lake City is brutal on my stock height, I don't think I could ever drop it.

·
Me & Nomuken(Monkey)
912 Posts
DUDE!!!!....Now I am scared...better go check mine out right away...Good thing I am doing that manual swap + lift...:D

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
l4zy415 said:
damn man i cant believe that happened.
:yes: we were forewarned by dasficktauf (Tommy), who knows these canyon runs in the back of his head... let me ask you this =>what do you do with a suspension set up like mine; tokico blues/eibach lowering springs + twisties = shit loads of fun driving :D

WhtCastle said:
Don't we only have 6 inches of clearance stock?
You're correct, with my car lowered heres what the undercarriage looks like... proximately about 4" ground clearance :squint:

Beeze said:
DUDE!!!!....Now I am scared...better go check mine out right away.
:uhh: you my friend is 1lucky bastad; I'm almost certain that your car would have had the same fate.

NuclearSymphony said:
best of luck getting a cheap replacement!
:lol: you know it, I'll keep the spendages to the minimum... thanks man.

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,302 Posts
:yes: we were forewarned by dasficktauf (Tommy), who knows these canyon runs in the back of his head... let me ask you this =>what do you do with a suspension set up like mine; tokico blues/eibach lowering springs + twisties = shit loads of fun driving :D
Lol I'm just trying to save up some mulla/ waiting for my tax return so I can get a set of lowering kits like yours. That would mean my rear wheels needs to go in just a lil.

·
Me & Nomuken(Monkey)
912 Posts
I know What you mean man...Jerry and I got agressive as shit on the way down once I got my car started...I was hitting those corners at an average of 60mph..."Braking is for the sane"...lol:giggle:

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
G1s are fun to drive. I love my G2 Coupe. It's what I always wanted, styling, power, etc...but the G1's Steering / Suspension is so nice.. even the feel of the steering wheel, it's extremely responsive. Not to mention it has excellent view and you feel you're more in "control" of the car.

All G2 owners should try it some day :yes:

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
^ Always cool to see a G2 guy giving a G1 props.

Sorry to hear it got worse OP.
You guys do have it made though with those twisty mountain roads.

Btw Beeze that sig is reDAMNdiculous! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts