Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The reason why I ask is cause over on the TL board they are resetting their ECU's like crazy!! They claim that the car is faster or something along those lines...I have yet to try it...anyway they say that if you disconect a certain fuse and hold down the brake pedal for 30 seconds it will reset...where is this fuse in our cars?

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
The best way is:
- Either you need to pull out the alternator sense fuse located in the engine compartment. It should be a 10 amp fuse (red). Pull it for more than a minute and that should do the trick. It should clear the ECU codes.

- Or you can pull the connectors off the ECU.

Coupes have their ECU's under the carpet on the passenger side footwell. Mine Legend Coupe has this located under the carpet where the passenger rests his feet. So if you can´t find computer under passenger seat, pull up carpet near foot area and look there.Pull back the top edge of the carpet and you'll see a little plastic window. The "blinks" will be found there.

The ECU should be located under the passenger seat. I suggest getting a manual for your car as some cheap insurance. For the ECU, make sure you ground yourself against metal before touching the computer. Static electricity kills computer components !! It is just a couple of screws and 3 plugs. Not more.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Under the hood, look near the back driver side.....there is a big black box...its filled with fuses.......open it.....it has some big fuses near the back part....with some screws....so just unscrew one of the screws a bit for th BATTERY fuse and VIOLA!!!! you reset your ECU!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.