Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G

·
Here is a pic from a while ago of aiznpride's legend with Koni's (on the lowest perch), and Eibach's. The Koni's can be adjusted +/- .75" (that's what I mean by perch). The Eibachs alone aren't going to give you a drop like that.

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
on an Eibach/Koni drop, was settings are optimal for a nice looking aggressive drop, and a firm comfortable ride (similar to that of German cars)? Would H&R springs be better? I'm looking for another sedan to make my comeback, once i get it, i'll wait a lil then i'll go all out on it :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I love it!

I have H&Rs and Konis on the lowest perch up front and it fits the car perfect for me. SLAM. I might have to raise it up a bit to fit the 18s though. But on stock 15s I say it looks pretty clean.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
i have suspension tech. springs only and its low low. The front could go down abour 3/4 of an inch but thats it. THe springs suck though so dont get them the squeek a little

·
Registered
851 Posts
Well, in this case, that car was lowered by Ground Control coilover, so he can tailor the drop to whatever he desire. I think if you only want minimal drop, get the eibach. The ride with eibach will still be very close to stock. If you want a little lower, get the H&R, and the ride will be a bit more stiffer than eibach. And if you want adjustability, get the Ground Control, and I would strongly suggest to get the Koni shocks too, because the spring rate is soo stiff, the stock shocks will give up soon, and your car might be bouncing back and forth a lot. But the ride is pretty stiff with GC coilover, but It's not bad for the adjustability.

G

·
If anyone is interested in the H&R's right now, there is a Group Buy for them. Along with a bunch of other suspension stuff. We need just one more buyer to be able to get the H&R's for $265. You can go to the Group Buy thread here or PM meanfly. Let me know though if you are going to jump in on the H&R's though, because if nobody else gets them then I'm just gonna get the Eibach's. I'm ordering some Koni's too though:cool:.

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
wow those are some nice drops, the legend with H&R's and Koni's looks like it will rub, I plan to get 17" rims eventually, which drop will look best on stocks, and later on 17's also?

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
also, for a Koni/eibach drop, will i need a camber kit? what makes it necessary to get one? thanks :)

G

·
I'm probably not the best person to be answering this because I still have some questions myself, but from the sounds of what I have been hearing, if you want to keep your tires lasting for normal ammounts of time then you should adjust the camber if you lower the car more than 1.25". With Koni's and Eibach's you can get down to like 1.75" I believe. I'm kinda confused about exactly how low you can go with this setup so if someone wants to clue me in I would appreciate it.

And Leon, with the Eibach's should I set the Koni's on the lowest perch all the way around if I only have one 12 in the back? Or should I still do it on the middle one?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey Hey, 92Legend! You found my car on Speedoptions, thanks for noticing my car. I have Ground Control Coilovers and Koni Shocks Red External Adjustable shocks. With this setup, the car will seem stiff to a lot of people, but I am not just anyone, I do Autocrossing with that monster of a car. The Ground Control Coilovers come with Eibach Race Springs. Those Springs can be sent back to Ground Control for a Custom Spring Rate so you can get even stiffer springs. As for the Konis, they do a lot of the dampnening work (taking in the little bumps and uneven pavement) while the springs keep the car from rocking back on hard accelerations or head dives from hard braking. I happen to have some really stiff springs since I got my set of Ground Control Coilovers custom order with harder spring rate. I kept the Konis at stock settings because I want to be able to take it the little bumps and keep the tires on the ground but still maintain minimum body roll since I already did a 3+" drop. If anything I need to call up Ground Control to send me a new and taller sleeve since the sleeves I have for the coilovers are only 2.5" tall (meaning I have 2.5" to raise or lower). I really need to raise the car back up. (funny aint it? I lower the car in order to raise it back up?) The center gravity of my car is soo low that my momentum going around turns making slalom passes are very linear and quick, but my stopping distance is longer than stock setup. I need new rotors and new brake pads. The ride is fun, feels damn sporty, like driving on rails. Ever since I installed my suspension work, I've been taking the long and twisty roads to work, and man, I love waking up to hit the streets. It's like driving a whole new car.

When I installed the Koni shocks and Coilovers, my car automatically dropped 1.5". I didnt know that the konis and the GCs would do that without making any adjustments just yet (just did a straight swap). Right now, I have 225/40/18 Kumho tires with Enkei 18"x7", +40 offset rims and they do rub up on the fenders when I take harder turns or when I can't avoid a big pothole. I will be installing a camber kit from Ingalls. Hopefully, the kit will not only fix the camber problem, but also raise my car up as well. I'll let you know how it goes.

I hope I helped you out on your question

1 - 12 of 12 Posts