Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you let them borrow your legend or just drive around in it with you in or out of the car?

I am always in the car with them, but I do let them drive it. Recently I have been letting friends borrow the car without me around, but they are in a tough spot.

·
Registered
193 Posts
The only time I let people drive the LEGEND is when I can't. (sick, to tired, drunk, stoned... etc) other than that, its my ass in the driver seat! :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't know if I'm sick for this......but I like to kick it in my back seat while my friends drive...I like being chauferred around in my car at times.......

I also let my homegirl take my car out to the club, so if you seen a fine white girl steppin out a gold legend in Jax.....she's MINE! hehehe:D

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
WHAT?!?!?!?!

In the words of Stone Cold Steve Austin....

WHAT!?!?!?! Can I get a Hell No!!!!

Over my dead body! No body (not even my mother) drives my Legend but me!!! Period, THE END. :cool: :D :D

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
nope

my sister asked me if she could drive my Type II 6speed
Now, I love my sister, but you aint driving my cahhhhhhhhhh. :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
NOT A CHANCE !!!!!!

NO ONE even touches my car (unless I can't do a repair myself, and I'm allowed to stand over them to watch them...) You think I'd let anyone DRIVE it ???? NEVER !!!!
:D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
i dunno........the Legend may be my baby......BUT it's just a car...

granite my mom has fuct it up before when driving, but I ain't no ANAL a$$hole about it......someone fuqs up my ride....it's a good reason to administer a beat down, after all.....it's only a CAR

if someone threatens my baby, then it's another story:mad:
I don't play when it comes to that sh!t

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
I've only let my girlfriend drive it from time to time with me in the passenger seat which I hate and when I let 2 of my friends test the car out and thats abou it. No one else except for my mechanic.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'll let most people I know drive it as long as I'm in the car, and I know they can drive. It's only been driven a couple times without me in it, and only by people very trusted by me. If someone messed up my car there'd be hell to pay.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I've only ever ridden in the back twice - too pissed to go to the bottle shop myself, and I loved getting a kidney massage from the subs. G/Friend uses it occas to visit her folks - crappy road and she's safer in the g1.
It's hard to hand the keys over.
My flatmate is 26 and doesn't have his licence yet, he used to bug me to drive the legend but we have restrictions here in Australia about how powerful a car a learner can use - so that gets me out of that one.

Rich

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can't even really sit in the back seat of my sedan. There just isn't that much headroom back there. Good thing I have small friends that can fit in the back pretty well. :D

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
When I was purchasing my car, I bought it without me even driving it! My best friend was doing the test driving for me as I didn't drive stick for a long tiem and was scared to mess it up. I let him drive it a few times but other than that, no one else!!

It's because of him my stick shifting is so damn good today.

Of course by letting him drive my Legend he'll let me drive his 94 Supra Turbo BPU+ :D

G

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
I have only let a few people drive it and I was always in the passengers seat. On the way home from the October Atlanta Meet, I let my friend drive it. He has totalled 4 cars and wrecked like 15. We drove up to Atlanta earlier that day so I was tired and willing to chance it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The only time anyone else drives my car is on Friday nights around 1-2 A.M when my girl gets in on the drivers side (sober) and taxies my drunk ass home..She even programed the second option on the memory seat button for her:p

She often needs to tell me to calm down cause im in the passenger seat like :eek: "Watch out!"

Other than when I am driking this is how it usually plays out.

Girlfriend: "Can I drive?"

Me: "Nah"

Girlfriend: "Pleeaase!?"

Me: "Nah"

Girlfriend: "Pleeea"

Me Cutting in: "Nah"

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
HAHA... Thats funny.

When I go out with my friends drinkin', there is always my one buddy who wont drink, just so he can drive our drunk asses around in my car. He a crazy [email protected]$k too! But I am usually so plastered that I dont even notice it. Sometimes I can catch him bringing the revs up, and I turn down the tunes and ask him to "respect the horsepower please":D .

Other than that, I have let a couple of other friends drive it. My buddy picked me up from the airport after new years, right when I got my new leather installed, so I did not interogate him too much, just happy about seeing the new leather.

Also, there is this service (The Drivers Alternative) where you call these people, and they come to wherever you are and drive you and your car home, for a price however. Its a good alternative to driving drunk, or leaving your legend at a club overnight, and cabbing it.

·
Registered
583 Posts
friends? Legends have friends?

a:
aw, hell no!
I don't let my wife drive it, why would I let some rock headded friend of mine?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts