Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just one observation I've made that I just want to share.

I've noticed that more and more Honda/integras/civics (Ricers) are putting crome wheels on their rides whats with that, I thought they hated crome wheels, but yet I'm seeing more and more of them with them. Is it a summer thing they do, are they being fickel, what gives. Have you noticed that in your town?

G

·
Chrome is popular now my man... Its very flashy and attracts attention... I guess.. I was going to get Hyper Silver (Sort of a stainless steel shine w/ a polished look) But decided to get Triple Chrome.. Cause I got sooo many compliments on my TL when I had Chrome 16's CL rims on it...

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah crome is hot, I get mad compliments on mines as well, but as bad as ricers talked about crome I figured that would be the last trend they would follow.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
must be the new "rolling on chromes 20 inches" phenomenon going through and biting everyone's butt right now.

go to houston and i'll show u some daytons!

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Speakin of SUV's

Leon Millette said:
funny thing is I have moved away from the chrome!

they look so sweet...but maybe on my next car/SUV =20"
That reminds of the first thing I pretty much saw when I went on vacation to LA about 4 years ago. Now being a normal person who watches TV, and reads about how rough LA is (TV, Movies, Music), I expected to be jumped the second I got off the plane (I know.... dont judge a book by its cover) kinda like when I went to Mexico for my first time.

When we walked out the doors of the airport to catch the bus to our hotel, all I could hear was BASS!!!! MAD BASS comin' from far away.... I was waiting to see where this was comin from.

As it came closer, it got sooooo loud man!

What was it..?? It was the year the new Denali SUVs came out, Pearl white, slammed to the ground, with massive chrome rims on it!! It was so nice!! And there was this guy, no older than 21 years old, who looked like Ja Rule just totally groovin out to his tunes in his pipmed out SUV. That basss sounded like thunder inside that little tunnel thing....My jaw dropped as I had only seen a couple of normall ones.

It was cool....
;)

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I grew up in S.C. LA I think they invented bass in cars cause I remember back in 1984 I think, this cat had like two EV 15's (concert speakers) in his pinto, no back seat, bumpin Malcom Mcklaren Buffalo Gals. That was the first time I saw and heard bump in an automobile. That's what they used to use back then before audio manufacture's started making car specific subs. Fools use to have EV's and Cerwin Vega's that was the sub of choice back then with that old school Alpine deck or Concord with Zapco amps and EQ's heww I'm dating myself.

Oh Mckenzie that youngsta's Denali was probably rented from 310motoring in Beverly Hills goto their web site see for yourself.URL=http://www.310motoring.com]

In LA you can rent any and everything for your front'n purposes. Complete with rims/ sounds/video,audio etc.
You can even rent rims 17-23's for your car what ever style & type right there on Manchester in Ingelwood west of Crenshaw Blvd.

I hate driving my Legend to LA because when I'm there I'm no longer special hehe, because dang near every car down there are sitting on crome 17-22's from female's in their Toyota Tercels and Neon's to ballers in their SUV's and everything inbetween, makes me feel like another squirrel with a nut in his mouth in the forest. Makes me want to put my stockies back on when I go down there, just to be different:confused:

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
HAHA.... Thats funny:D

Now that I think of it, when we took a tour of the city on this bus, we drove buy a car rental place near Beverly Hills somewhere and the tour guide on the bus said you can rent Vipers, and Porsches, and Benz' and everything there. Last time I checked you could not rent a Viper here:rolleyes: . But thats cool that you can rent rims..... but neons and tercels.....HURTIN! Never feel threatened by a neon or tercel for that matter..... they think they are all that, but they suck;)

Your legend Kicks ass despite no chromies...:)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
To me, chrome rims are more expensive, more heavy, and take more to keep clean and maintained properly. Just too much of a hassle overall. Besides, I have a black car and the right set of silver rims goes perfectly with a black car IMO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts