1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.... that the worst 2 driving combinations on the road are:

1) Mom in ugly mini-van
2) Mom in SUV that is way to large for their driving skills/ experience

Are far as I am concerned, they are a hazzard to thier own health, the passengers in their car, and the other drivers on the road.

.... Sorry, had to vent. They are constantly cutting me off and doing stupid things on the road, and today was the last straw. I was on the highway this afternoon on my way out of town, and some mom flew by me in a caravan during a freak snow storm, weaved infront of me blowing snow and rocks all over my clean car, and almost ended up on the ditch.

My adrenaline was pumpin full bore after that:eek: and a few minutes later, I almost lost it on a patch of ice, and I passed three cars in the ditch.

After working a job that required ~8 hrs a day of driving, I started to noitce just how dangerous it was to travel around some of them...

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Cell Phones + Driving = Bad combo.

SUV + Inexperienced Female driver + Cell Phone = UGLYYYYYYYYYYY

Its funny how some of these women have been brainwashed to think that SUVs are easy to drive, then they go at it , and have a horrific time at it, especially in the big cities.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Suburban + 5 ft 4" female= accident waiting to happen(nevermind the cellphone:rolleyes: )

why is it that these tiny woman want to drive these huge glorified station wagons???????

i was at supermarket 2 summers ago and i saw this lady park a suburban on top of a fire hydrant...yup on top, and the right side of the thing was completely off the ground...IE she couldn't get it off:p oh did i forget to mention that i laughed at her as i drove by:D :D

·
Banned
2,261 Posts
Oh, how about that new Pontiac Vibe. It has an A/C outlet built in. I just can't wait to hear about some lady getting into a wreck while blow drying or curling her hair while going down the highway.:mad:

·
Registered
734 Posts
Yeah they all have Ugliness stamped on them but today I saw maybe what was the Mother of all UGLINESS.....A guy approx. 6' 3" about 280-ish cram himself in a Miata. I thought my breakfast would come up after that.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
whiplash9001 said:
Yeah they all have Ugliness stamped on them but today I saw maybe what was the Mother of all UGLINESS.....A guy approx. 6' 3" about 280-ish cram himself in a Miata. I thought my breakfast would come up after that.
I thought there was a city ordinance against this type of behaviour in DC. :)

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well at least I'm not in my own world:rolleyes:
Oh yeah... I forgot about the cell phone thing to... a defenite no-no to an already dangerous situation.

As for the SUV drivers who drive like Jeff Gordon in a blizzard..... use your head. I will give you the fact that you can accelerate quickly, but it does not mean you can brake any faster or drive rally style.

And who would ever let your GF or wife drive a freaken excusion??:rolleyes:

Those things are like small buses, and you should have a special license to drive them. I saw a lady try and park one of those things in a double stall at a mall, and I was waiting for like 15 minutes before she realized that she needed like 4 stalls for that fugly looking Ford......HAHAHA

The legend however is no small car, but at least it can fit into a regular stall..

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
CakeDaddy said:
Oh, how about that new Pontiac Vibe. It has an A/C outlet built in. I just can't wait to hear about some lady getting into a wreck while blow drying or curling her hair while going down the highway.:mad:
ha ha:D i wouldn't doubt it when i hear about it

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
I'm not a big fan of any SUVs, most of the drivers (not all) with them, take uncessary risks. They feel they can do more for some reason.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
FutureX 2001 said:
I'm not a big fan of any SUVs, most of the drivers (not all) with them, take uncessary risks. They feel they can do more for some reason.
Yeah, and HAte me can vouch for me on this...

these ladies AND gents act like they are running a Navivette ZR1
ZOOMIN past me doing over 100mph in the RAIN!!! WTF!!

Slow the hell down! Its not cute when you zoom pastme and end up running down I-20 on 2 wheels, then on your side....:rolleyes: :mad:

·
Registered
583 Posts
being a male from Arkansas it is manditory that I own at least one big assed truck. Hence:
Alice
'84 GMC Suburban
Stroked 383 ci, hedders/dual ex, carb/intake/roller rockers, Crane ign., 3/4 ton upgrad suspension, 35" tires, lift... etc...

and I for one can say that most people can NOT drive a vehicle such as mine correctly without A LOT of seat time.

The third time and last time my wife drove it and said "I pulled up into a yard today".... aaarrrggghhhh..... no more truck, wife.

It is a LIE purpetrated by insurance (who make money due to wrecks) that sport utes are SAFER. only with adequate driver training in the terrain that the vehicle will be driven in.

Not "hey June, hop in, it's not hard to drive, it's an automatic, just bump into the parking bricks etc, you wont hurt anything..."
car salesmen.... AARRRGGHHH...... bad rep for us big wheel boys...

...For the record, I am not a ******* (but damn mudding is fun :D )

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I laugh at the fact they think sport utes are safer. They are the #1 vehicle on the road prone to roll overs, and they also give inexperienced drivers a false sense of security, like just because they are in a big vehicle they are indestructable..... ya right:rolleyes:

I saw the funniest thing once..... I was sitting in my dads car on a street, waiting for him and there was a parking stall infront of us, with a car infront of it. This old lady pulls up in an old beater beast looking car and does the following attempt at a parallel park. She turns, backs up until she taps our bumper, drives forward until she hits the bumper infornt of her, starightens out again, backs up into my dads car again, and then pulls ahead to complete the "Parking for Dummies" approach at a parallel park.

That was horrible!!

As for your truck and muddin', I went out last summer for my first timewith a buddy of mine and his 4x4 club and had a blast..... we had some fun I tell ya'. Lots o' mess when we were done, but if you dont go back to the city with a dirty vehicle you didn't have a good time.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Mckenzie91 said:
I laugh at the fact they think sport utes are safer. They are the #1 vehicle on the road prone to roll overs, and they also give inexperienced drivers a false sense of security, like just because they are in a big vehicle they are indestructable..... ya right:rolleyes:

I saw the funniest thing once..... I was sitting in my dads car on a street, waiting for him and there was a parking stall infront of us, with a car infront of it. This old lady pulls up in an old beater beast looking car and does the following attempt at a parallel park. She turns, backs up until she taps our bumper, drives forward until she hits the bumper infornt of her, starightens out again, backs up into my dads car again, and then pulls ahead to complete the "Parking for Dummies" approach at a parallel park.

That was horrible!!

Man i would have cracked that broads melon for doing that crap on purpose:mad: I would have been yelling at her like "hey HEY HEY ARE U PHUKIN STUPID!"

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LOL.....I know....When my dad came out of the bank I was like "UHHHH.....That old dinosaur just hit your legend twice trying to do that half assed parking job...."

The funny thing was, she did not even act like she had done anything.... she got out of the car and proceeded to her destination, and I sat in the car half in shock and half LMAO because it was so ridiculous what she did...

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Man, I can go to town on this post...

I passionatly hate these Stupid Useless Vehicles (SUVs). I agree with what everyone said so far... Damn monstrosities. It's such a prescious waste of the Earths resources when some soccer mom buys one of these things. Or some single innadquete feeling guy feels he's needs a 12seater 9mpg POS he can't drive! Just wait till some of the yuppief***s get their hands on the new Porsche SUV... You think people think they can go through anything with a Excursions wait till this "Porsche" hits the street... Excursion... sounds like an experience I had on the crapper after eatting too much spicy food...

Ok, I'm done for now.

·
Registered
851 Posts
NickD said:

I passionatly hate these Stupid Useless Vehicles (SUVs). I agree with what everyone said so far... Damn monstrosities. It's such a prescious waste of the Earths resources when some soccer mom buys one of these things. Or some single innadquete feeling guy feels he's needs a 12seater 9mpg POS he can't drive! Just wait till some of the yuppief***s get their hands on the new Porsche SUV... You think people think they can go through anything with a Excursions wait till this "Porsche" hits the street... Excursion... sounds like an experience I had on the crapper after eatting too much spicy food...

Ok, I'm done for now.
Right ON Nick! hahahha!!!!!!, spicy food syndrome..............:D :D :D

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
NickD said:

Ok, I'm done for now.
LOL Nick......:D

Thats funny you mention that about the porsche SUV..... a very rich friend of mines dad, who owns oil companies and the whole works, is buying one. I did not beleive it until I heard it from you... I thought he was out to lunch...:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts