Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend just got air cylinders on is Integra and it is ****ing tight!!:) and i was wondering if any of you on forums have an air cylinder kit post pics!! how much would it cost to get one?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I don't , but...

There is one guy w/a white 4 door on AcuraLegends.com that has them. It requires alot of money and alot of modifications. Expect to pay $1600+ for the kit, plus atleast $1000 for installation and mods to make it all fit. Not to mention the ride will suck no matter what...it is a very cool set-up, but for a everyday driver I wouldn't bother. Air cylcinders also leak big time....so your front end drop down as low as it goes while driving after only a few minutes and then having to constantly pump it back up at every few light will be a *****. :) I say this because I know several locals who have air ride, and they all have the same problem. My one friend has only has his setup on his Acura CL for ONLY 1 week and the rears leak. My other friend has a tight set-up on his Eclipse and his fronts leak really bad...he has had his set-up for around 1/2 a year.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Sure the effect is nice, but the funds are crazy. Thas' a lot o' cheddar to put out for something that is KNOWN to have issues. Use your money for something else worthwhile.

·
Registered
702 Posts
no, i think they are talking about air shocks. if i'm not mistaken, you can use them to raise and drop your car as if you got hydraulics, without the actual jumping effect...i know some people who got it and it looks real nice when it is working, but there are problems and it costs lots of money...and plus will slow your car down too...more for show.

·
Premium Member
9,167 Posts
There's a few new systems that were introduced at the begining of this year, I'm baggin my next coupe for sure. One of the new systems that I liked was a type of coilover looking airbag. They work nice and slow, no jumping for the Legend.

·
Registered
157 Posts
No...

CODY690 said:
are u talking about air bags for the car or actual cyliners that go somewhere else??
On cars you use Air Cylinders, not air bags. Airbags are used on trucks, etc and are not really logical or practical for cars. Air cylindars work the same way...they just look like a huge tube that is the size of your shock and width of your springs(they replace the shock and spring) and they fill w/ air for to determine the ride height you like. :)

·
Sleek And Low
249 Posts
Actually, air suspension is going to give you just about the best ride out there. Rough ride is normally associated with hydrolics. Although now they have cylindars that are filled with compressed nitrogen behind a baffle that allows the hydrolic fluid to push against to soften the ride quite a bit. Hydrolics are much quicker than airbags, although they make "fast air kits" now with bigger hoses and valves to allow the car to adjust height much quicker. As for the leakage issue, bad install for sure. All threaded joints need to be sealed with teflon tape, which doesn't happen much of the time when these installs are done by inexperienced people. A good air system is expensive, but should work well when done properly. Only prob is that if you drive at different heights then your alignment will change causing bad tire wear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts